There Was No Hero Only A Villain

Start from the beginning

"Wherever Handy is, let's hope he doesn't have a victim."

__________________

"Use my body, for what?"

Cosmo was sitting in Blueberry's bed kicking his feet. He was talking to Handy even though his mother's pleas to stop were heard. They were faint, that was as good as Handy could do. He nodded at Cosmo.

Yes, just temporarily, I want to know what it's like to feel and touch things. I promise I'll give it back.

Cosmo twiddled with his fingers. His head wrapped itself around the word 'promise'. His brothers said they never liked making promises, much less keeping them. However, if someone does make a promise with you, then you should do what you can to keep it. Cosmo was good at keeping promises, everyone in Underswap knew that. He looked up at his friend.

His best friend.

Handy.

"Okay, but only for a little bit. I don't want my brothers getting worried." he said though slightly unsure. Handy chuckled and took Cosmo's soul out for all to see. Cosmo felt disgusted with his soul, and ashamed. He wasn't sure why though, it was beautiful. It shined so brightly, but even brighter with the sun smiling down on it. It sparkles when he felt something positive, it was so bright. It had settle hints of yellow in it. It was a soul of kindness, innocence, and honesty (I just got mlp vibes for a second). Even so, he wouldn't dare to look at it. All he saw was a terrible, lie craving, scared soul. One covered in a fake facade that was hard and rough. It had clearly taken a lot. Cosmo knew that when a cover got hard and rough, it could also be brittle. He turned away from his soul and Handy took notice.

He noticed how Cosmo looked at his soul and then turned away, almost ashamed of it. Handy stared at Cosmo's soul, it was a lovely one. It had three colors, yellow, green, and white. Handy, though evil as he was, knew everything about souls. After all, he did not only study them, but killed others for them. He knew a soul was something to be proud of, something that needed to be cared for on a regular basis. It was important to keep it healthy,
or the body holding the soul could potentially die and the soul shattered. He felt remorse for a small moment. This monster, this kid, this three-year-old was ashamed of his soul. He wasn't sure why. It was bright, so he was one to look on the positive side. It wasn't scared, which meant it was healthy. It didn't have any black spots, there wasn't any HATRED. What was the problem then? Handy shook his head, it didn't matter right now. He had his chance and he was taking it. This kid trusted him completely so there was no way he was giving this body up. He'd have to keep this host in sleep. Unlike Nightmare, who was still able to hear things and see things, Cosmo would be kept in a permanent sleep. One no one could get to.

Destiny can't save her child now.

NNNOOO! Stop! Don't do this, I need to keep him safe! Why are you doing this? STOP!

Cosmo heard his mother screaming at Handy. Handy took Cosmo's curiosity to his advantage. Before Cosmo had a chance to stop Handy, he forced himself in his soul. Cosmo screamed and dug his fingers into his shirt and rib cage. He started crying, his soul felt like it was splitting but it wasn't, Handy forcefully took control of Cosmo's body and putting his host in a permanent sleep.

He blinked. He smiled. He adjusted his sight to his new host. He laughed before opening a portal to Underfell Copy #24. "Why not take my new host out for spin, his stats say he can puppeteer. No wonder he never used it, he didn't want to hurt anyone." Cosmo woke up in a meadow filled with Cosmos of all different shades. He stood up and looked around and saw his brothers waving at him. He smiled and ran over to his brothers hugging them. They hugged back and showed him a blanket with his favorite foods. He squealed and went over eating as much as he could. They were at a picnic. Cosmo had always wanted to go on a picnic, but couldn't because of all the snow and his brothers never had the time to with work and all.

_____________________

Outer slowly woke up with a cotton ball in his nose cavity. Nightmare sat beside him and was glad to see him awake. However, he had bad news. "What happened?" Outer asked looking around. He was in a room filled with dust. A dead flower, a tattered book, and a pair of glasses with a cracked lense. There were several first aid kits and multiple rolls of bandages in the room. There was dry, old, brittle pieces of blood on the bedsheets. The window had a air conditioner in it on full blast. There was a picture of a dark boned skeleton on the mirror connected to the dresser. It looked like Cosmo but older. That skeleton was content on smiling, but looked to be on the verge of dusting. Then something broke in his head, it was like a string broke in his head. That was a feared skeleton. That was the yin to Inks yang. His close friend.

That was Error, The Destroyer of AUs.

"Are we in Errors room?" He asked, he spoke softly. "I just found out too, Destiny probably made us forget him." Nightmare explained. There were two gods he knew about, Fate and Destiny. Outer was the same, though, knowing more than Nightmare. "I know it's Cosmo, the little one Blueberry has told us about. He's showed us pictures." Nightmare stated. Outer sighed and pulled the bloody cotton ball out of his nose cavity. "Also, Blueberry came over," Nightmare paused, "said that an Underfell Copy was destroyed."

That wasn't new. "Your point?" Outer said. "Handy found a victim, Cosmo did it."

Killer came into the room, he was sweating like crazy and had blood covering him from head to toe. "Nightmare, there's a little kid in copy of Gardenertale, he's killed more than half the residents, we tried to save as many as we could."

Nightmare sighed, since when did Handy start finding the energy to eat souls again?

Once upon a time there was a Hero and a Villain...
_______________

So, there you have it. This one was hard to put together. I really thought hard one this one. I couldn't find the right words for characters. Since this was mainly about Nightmare and Outer. Now, the complaints about no Killer have been read. So I'm tagging them after explanation.

So, when Killer said, "...we tried to save as many as we could." I wanted it to be a canon multiverse where Nightmare and his gang didn't kill for kicks. They killed for a reason. Whether it be for critically hurting someone they cared about, or because someone in that AU took something away from them they care a lot about. Most likely a person(s). They saved the residents of that AU because Gardenertale is very peaceful, nice, and unthreatening AU. They save certain AUs. Though that may seem abnormal for them, it's how they respond to these problems.

Tagged person: wolf_trash_god

You're welcome. I think you're reading this but if you aren't well I hope you find the time to.