Exploration

"Wow. Look at this place."

"No way. That view is...I could stand here all night."

"Oh! It's so beautiful."

"Do you think the Queen has stayed here before? Look! Golden tea cups. Literal gold."

Hermione barreled right through the gathered crowd in awe of the flat. She held a hand to her mouth.

"Where's the loo?" She demanded.

"I think there is one in there," Pansy said lazily, far more interested in the crystal drinkware placed against a slate black bar in the corner of the room adorned with large bottles of foreign alcohol.

As Hermione rushed through the directed door, a chorus of "what's wrong with her?" followed.

Draco growled with frustration. A boat ride with everyone had soured his temperament. Between the complaints of the group not being catered to on the ship and Hermione's constant seasickness, the experience left him drained. He hadn't been able to reconnect with his girlfriend since she'd arrived, and it made him restless.

All he wanted was her alone. Not Theo's constant rambling.

"A damn boat, you idiot." He glanced inside the room that Hermione fled through and was satisfied. "We'll take this suite then. Now I'll bid you all a goodnight. Keep it down."

He latched the door behind him. An interruption would make him irate.

The suite was as large as the master in Malfoy Manor. It was filled with shades of pale icy blue and white. A wall of gray wood planks stood behind a double king bed topped with fluffy duvet of white. Silky blue pillowcases and throw pillows of a pale yellow were perched at the base of a simple white headboard.

Off to his right was a wall of crystal-clear glass. It overlooked a brilliant city scape as far as he could see.

A simple desk was there as well. An oversized dresser was off in a corner, a single vase atop it with giant white lilies.

He rather liked the room. It would do well to calm their energies.

A light underneath a door off to his other side sounded like a loo. He knocked against the wood gently.

"You alright, love?"

She groaned. "No."

Hermione laid at the base of the toilet. Brown curls covered her face. Her hands still held her mouth closed. Draco frowned. He gathered up her slender body in his arms, carried her to the tub in the center of the magnificent room, and started to run a warm bath. A bit of oil sat on the edge of the cast iron. He dripped a bit in.

As the warm water filled, he carried Hermione out onto the private balcony. It was a large balcony filled with exotic plants. Hidden within their leafy depths was a canopy. He pushed past palm fronds, Boston ferns, Bamboo Orchids and red pineapple plants to discover a hideaway beneath a burlap canopy. There was a small fire table lit with tall purple flame, a pool of shimmering lily pads brimmed with leaping frogs and a bed adorned with plush pillows.

A soft hum of melody took him by surprise. He spun on toe with interest.

It was too beautiful to ignore but the witch in his arms was more so. He brought her back inside, waking her from her dizzy daydreams, and helped her into the warm water.

Her head fell against the back of the tub. It brought her suddenly alert.

"Draco?" She asked as her eyes fluttered open.