Chapter 28

America POV:
"I told you it was nothing."
"Well I wanted to make sure." Maxon countered.
"I know. But the doctors said it was the brightness from the lights and I just need to drink more water. So this trip to the hospital wing was pointless and we have to walk all the way back now." I complained. Maxon smirked.
"I'll carry you." I smacked his arm and shook my head, laughing.
"Gardens?" He asked laughing my rejection off. "It's nearly 12pm Maxon, curfew."
"So what? Those rules aren't truly for me, my word is law. Besides we've broken worse rules." He said again with a grin. I blushed and turned.
"Oh shut up Maxon. Sure let's go." He smiled.
We walked down to the gardens, hand in hand. While we walked Maxon brought up many old memories. Without a thought he lead us to our bench. We sat the way we always do. I face the palace, he faces the woods, but most importantly, we face each other. It's the easiest way to have a conversation. "I love this bench you know."
"Me too, many of our best memories were made here."
"We can make more important ones now if you'd like." I half smiled, looking at him questioningly. He smirked then leaned in for a kiss. I let him, and kissed back. After a moment he pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he grabbed my waist. My hands found their way into his hair. It's incredibly soft. He kissed a path from my lips down to my neck, and back up. I gripped the back of his shirt and felt him lowering me on the bench. A shiver went down my spine as my bare back touched the cool stone. It was as if I lost control of my body for a moment. I bit my lip my and hands dug into the crook of his shoulder. In response Maxon gripped my waist tighter. I could feel his heavy breathing in between kisses. I closed my eyes letting myself just feel. One of his hands left my waist, making their way to my thigh. He gripped it and I breathed a moan into his lips. The hunger feeling inside me growing.  I started untucking his shirt. I had the urge to rip his clothes off, then my own. I probably would have. Until I remembered where we were. They fact that someone could be seeing all this. I stopped kissing him and turn my head. "Stop."
Maxon did and sat up extending his hand to me. I grabbed it and he helped me sit up.
"What's wrong." He asked. His face was so flushed it made me laugh. Although I'm sure I wore a similar expression. "We're in public idiot."
"I'm guessing you don't want an audience. I was thinking it'd be exciting." I slapped him. Which only made his chuckle.
"Why are you being so dirty today?" I said laughing a little myself. I stood and straightened out my dress.
"I don't know. I'm just happy I guess."
"So am I and I'm not pinning you to a wall now am I?"
"Pretty close as of 2 minutes ago. And this isn't a wall, it's a bench." I rolled my eyes and he smiled in amusement. He finally stood and ran a hand over his suit and tie.
"How do I look?" I looked him over. His tie was loose, his suit was wrinkled, his shirt was particularly untucked, and his hair was a mess from me running my hands through it. "You look like you were just making out with someone."
He grinned. "Perfect." He extended his hand and I looped mine through his. As he lead me to my room, I could feel the guards and passing maid starting at us. As if they could see what we had done and were about to do. With every step I took I felt my face getting redder. Maxon didn't seem fazed. We finally made it to my room. Since we aren't married yet, Silva wont let us share a room. Apparently it's the law. So for now I'm still staying in the room I had during the selection. We said our goodbyes and good nights. I stayed in the hall until he turned the corner and heard his steps on the stairs. Then I walked into my dimly lit room.
"Why do you look like a mess?" Anne questioned confused. I was caught off guard and stumbled a little. I didn't think they were here.
"Was that Maxon I heard in the hall?" Mary asked with a knowing grin.
"Um yes." Anne and Mary eyed eachother.
"Well that explains it." Anne said matching Mary's expression. I flushed. As I prepared for bed I noticed why they asked and what I'm sure they guessed at. My lipstick was everywhere. My hair was mess, and my dress wasn't in the best condition. And Maxon didn't say a word about it. I laughed to myself a little. That sneaky little... prince. Thinking he's so clever letting me walk through the palace halls like this. While they helped me remove the makeup they both wore a grin.
As soon as they left, I fell asleep so fast it was like dropping dead.
~oOo~
I could have stayed asleep for hours if it wasn't for the suns eerie light. I felt blinded. I reluctantly turned away from the light. I stayed in that position for a while. Until I had enough energy to rise. I was alone, thankfully. I adore my maids but I need this time to myself. It's easy to get comfortable at the palace, but my body and mind are used to freedom and doing whatever I want. For the most part. I got up from my bed not bothering to put on my robe or slippers. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair. It's crazy to think how quickly my life changed. The life I thought impossible, becoming my reality.
I go pick a short day dress from the closet. I slip of my nightgown replacing it with a simple red dress. Pretty as ever. I apply my makeup, which I've gotten good at since my performances. And toss my hair into a high ponytail. I also throw on some classy red heels. I look regal while still looking like me. I decide to sit and play some piano while Mary and Anne come. I haven't seen Lucy for days. When I did she didn't mention anything and neither did I. I haven't talked to Aspen at all. I'm honestly still mad. I've seen him around the palace and when I'm with Maxon. I don't feel like talking to him. I cleared my thoughts and let the music fill my head. Immediately I felt calmer. Centered.
I hear hushed chatter and turn letting the medley die mid key. I stood and straightened my dress. The door opened and a surprised look played on their faces.
"America why are you up and ready?" Anne asked.
"I woke up early and so I got dressed."
"You look good." Mary added kindly.
"Thank you."
"Well then I guess your off to breakfast." Anne said.
"I'll see you two later then." As a joke I curtsied as left. The walk down to the dinning room seemed to be longer today. When I arrived at breakfast Amberly and Clarkson were both there. Maxon arrived shortly after. The meal was delicious and seemed to melt in my mouth. Amberly asked Maxon and I to join her for tea later, we both agreed. I mainly stuck to talking to Maxon occasionally did Clarkson or Ambers address us. After breakfast I went back up to my room so I could get some work done. I need to get caught up with everything I missed. Mary and Lucy clean around the room trying to be quiet while I sit at the table. After a while of looking through documents I take a break. I decide to see what people think about be saying goodbye to my singing career. Many articles pop up as well as drama channels talking about it. I click on the first link.
"America Singer puts the mic down."
I can feel the anxiety running through my body. I take a deep breath before reading.