Chapter 16

(Sunday, Night) Dinner: Part 1
Maxon POV:
We sit our table waiting for America and Celeste. I can hardly wait. I'm going to get to see her again before I leave. The thought excites me and makes me sad. I don't know when I'll see her again. I have to make this night count. I tossed and turned last night trying to think of how to get her back. I couldn't come up with something good to save my life. At one point I was thinking that running away together was going to be the best option. It could work, except for the fact that she doesn't even know about this. So in the end I decided that I will just come right out and tell her the truth. And apologize. But before that can even happen, I have to figure out if she's pregnant. God I hope she's not. I'm really hoping she's not. I have no idea what I'd do if she was. "Um Maxon, you here?" Kriss sayings giggling and softly shaking my arm. My eyes snap up to meet with hers. I smile softly if just for her sake. Guilt immediately floods me. "Yes dear"
"Have you been paying attention?"
"No sorry, I'm a little tired, not used to sleeping here I guess" She puts her hands on mine.
"Oh okay well we leave tomorrow so you'll be back to comfortable sleeping" I nod and she turns back to mom, her hands staying on mine. I look at mom myself and see a 'I can see through your lies' Look on her face. A look only I can recognize. Of course mom knows who I'm thinking about.
"So as I was saying, I think we should throw a ball and-" Kriss and her stupid balls and parties.
As if I was being saved from this boring and stupid conversation, the click of heels catches all our attention. We turn to see two beautiful girls walking towards us in red dresses. One has fiery red hair, the other has soft brown hair. My eyes land on America. Words can't describe how beautiful she looks. The way her dress hugs her curves tightly is impeccable. Her lips look so soft I want to touch them. The way her dress sways when she walks is glorious.
My eyes lock with hers and for a moment it's just us. Everyone else is gone. Her beautiful blue eyes glued to mine. In the back of my mind I can hear people speak and move. But all my focus is on America. It's as if there were fireworks. We might be about 10 feet away but I can feel the bond holding us tightly together. I never wanted this feeling to end. When a flash and click of a camera went of America's eyes left mine. She turned to the sound, I think we all did. We turned to see reporters here taking pictures and videos. I don't know how they got here so quickly but they did. I also noticed other customers 'discreetly' taking some as well. I internally rolled my eyes. We stand to great America and Celeste. I walk up to Celeste first. She wears a skin tight red dress with a strapy back. Her hair is pulled into a complicated ponytail. She wears dark yet light makeup as usual. We pull in for a friendly hug. She pats my back and leans closely into my ear. "Listen pretty boy, America is having a hard time, don't make it worse, or you'll have me to deal with, mkay?" I nod remembering when she kneed and punched me. We let go and she walks over to Kriss. I walk over to America who is still holding onto mom. Wondering what Celeste meant. Well I understood but, how and why is America having a hard time? Could that mean America is pregnant? Oh boy.
I politely and nervously stand and wait to greet her. They finally let go and mom steps back. America turns to face me and her smile slightly wavers. I lean in for a hug and she follows. I pull her in for a tighter hug than I did for Celeste. Her vanilla scent hits me and I never want to let go. She also wears a red dress with a slightly open waist. It lightly flares at her waist and her chest is quite revealing. Her hair is in a low side bun that's braided. Her makeup is a heavy rose color, with glitter. I desperately want to rip that dress off of her, in private of course. I notice that her and Celeste wear matching grey velvet heels.