Chapter 6

America POV:
My head aches. I'm still in my dress. Well kind of, it's on very loose. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. My head is spinning. I've only felt this way once before. One day I went out to the bar with Celeste and Natalie, and I drank way too much vodka.
This is a hangover.
I don't remember what I did all night. The last thing I remember is making out with Andrew in a room.
OMG I MADE OUT WITH A GUY!
No this can't be real. I can't believe I did that. At the royal wedding. I'm praying that Amberly didn't see, or Prince Maxon.
I don't think we slept together. I already lost my virginity to Prince Maxon, but still. We only slept together twice. Besides I don't want to go around sleeping with every guy that talks to me. I'm here alone and dressed. Well dressed for the most part.
Andrew was cute I guess. He was blonde, green eyes, tall (slightly shorter than Maxon) and a perfect face structure. But I don't love him. I don't know if I can love anyone other than Prince Maxon.
God I hope I didnt embarrass myself. What does Maxon think of me now? I'm a terrible person. I truly am.

Celeste POV:
Last night Ames went a little too far. Thankfully I noticed Maxon suspiciously leaving the Great Room. So I followed him and stopped Ames. Maxon looked like he was going to kill someone. Making him jealous was the whole point and it worked. But Ames got way too drunk.
I'm going to her room now with some water. I'm 100% sure she has a hangover. She drank glass after glass after glass. At one point she started mixing drinks by herself.
I open the door and see her sitting on her bed looking mortified.
"Celeste! What happened last night!? Did I sleep with Andrew!? Where is Maxon!? Did Maxon see me!? What else did I do!??" Ames was basically shouting.
"You got drunk, no you didn't thanks to me, probably in his room, yes he saw you making out with blondie, just flirt with guys."
"No no no no, HE SAW!?"
"Yes he was the first one to find you"
"What did he do!??"
"Nothing I stopped him but it looked like he was going to kill him"
"Kill him?"
"Yes"
"So you think he was jealous?"
"Yes, anyway I brought you this cup of water"
"Thanks," She took the cup and started sipping.
"Yeah no problem"
"Oh by the way, this lady was looking for you yesterday but you were wasted to I talked to her instead, she wants to meet with you and speak about a future music career with her as your manager. She apparently heard you sing and thinks you have a bright future ahead of you"
"Oh wow, okay I'll think about it and maybe her a call when we get home tomorrow, did she give you a way to communicate with her?"
"Yes I have her card"
"Okay, um, so you really think he was jealous?"
"Yes I really do"
"..do you think he still.... loves me..?"
"Only an idiot would think he doesn't"
"But he chose Kriss over me—"
"No he made a mistake, he clearly loves you"
There was a long pause before she spoke again. She looked very thoughtful.
Suddenly she stood up and started walking to the door.
"I'm going to talk with Maxon, be back in a bit" She called over her shoulder.
Im honestly happy they're going to talk. I want then to be together. Maxon and America are literally perfect for each other. I ship them. I ship Maxerica. That's why it pisses me off when one of them does something stupid. I just want them to be happy.

America POV:
He loves me! I need to talk to him. Find a way to fix this. Live happily ever after with Maxon. My Maxon. America Schreave, has a good ring to it. I'm running down the hall. I hope we can figure this all out.
I stop in front of his door. I need to catch my breath first, and fix myself. As I'm preparing to go inside. I hear a voice from inside. That's when I realize the door is cracked open. I move so I can see inside. The prince and princess are standing in the middle of the room. Kriss is in Maxons' arms, his chin on top of her head.
"I love you honey"
"I love you too Kriss"
I feel something break inside me.
"Look, I need to know how you feel about America"
"Nothing, that's in the past"
I feel something shatter.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, your the only one I—"
I turn and run. How could I be so stupid. I didn't even realize that I'd started crying. I'm shattered.
Once I get back in my room Celeste starts asking questions.
"What happened?"
"Did you fight"
"Was Kriss there"
"Did he send you home"
"Did you run into someone else"
"Why are you crying?"
"Are you okay"
"What are you going to do?"
"Did you talk to him"
"Did you chicken out?"
"Did you even see him??"
I begin packing my bags. "I'll explain later," is all I can choke out. I grab a pen and paper. I'm writing my maids and Amberly a goodbye letter with information on how to contact me if they want. I'm not saying why I'm leaving. I also write a quick letter to Kriss apologizing for my suddenly absence.
"Um, Ames, where are you going?"
"Home, I'm done."
"But we still have today left"
"I don't care I'm leaving"
"Okay fine, wait for my to get my bags"
So I do. I wait for her to be ready. I'm leaving the palace behind me. It's in the past. The selection is behind me. I'm going home and starting a new life. I'm going to call that lady to be my manager. I'm going to become a singer. Even though I'm shattered, I'll make it. I'll be a Shattered Singer.

A/N ~ shorter chapter than usual but what do you think? Comment your favorite part and if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer it if it's not a spoiler. What do you think will happen next. Also 2 updates in less than 1 week!! Hope you liked it, 1079 words,
Xoxo~ Mrs. Schreave 💋