Aries

Despite falling in March, Aries is actually the first sign of the zodiac, making it the 'head' of the pack.

If you are an Aries, then it's likely that you're a natural-born leader - you're energetic and determined, but also encouraging and caring.

Those with an Aries star sign are fierce leaders

What are the Aries horoscope dates?
Aries is actually the first of the 12 zodiac signs, making it the 'head' of the zodiac.

If you're born between March 21 and April 20, then you're an Aries.

What does the Aries star sign mean?
The ruling planet of Aries is Mars, which signifies war and energy.

It's a fire sign and ruled by the headstrong Ram, making them stand their ground and refuse to be pushed around.

Aries are confident, which makes them great leaders as they can champion themselves and others, but this can also make them stubborn, reckless, and competitive.

Although Aries can sometimes be selfish and entitled, they will never back down from a challenge, and will still try and help others.

What signs are compatible with Aries?
Aries have quick tempers, but also forgive and forget easily, and are best matched with fire signs, or air signs to share their energy.

Best matches:
Gemini - this relationship will be vibrant, as you both share an inquisitive nature and love to learn and explore
Sagittarius - another energetic sign, this relationship will be full of fun and harmony, and also a great match in the bedroom
Leo - you'll have to learn the share the spotlight, but if it works, your relationship can be active and adventurous

Worst matches:
Virgo - Virgos can be perfectionists, and easily critical, which can clash with an Aries and their need for leadership
Capricorn - they are also natural leaders, which can clash with Aries
Taurus - Taurus folk enjoy a less fast-paced life to Aries, making a relationship almost impossible. Taurus like to carefully earn money, and Aries enjoy spending it, making it easy to clash over money, too.

Pairing with another Aries could be disastrous, but in some cases, two rams can be a perfect pair, if one plays a more supporting role.

What celebrities are Aries?
Victoria Beckham, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Elton John, Marc Jacobs, Emma Watson, Keira Knightley, Celine Dion, Sarah Jessica Parker, Pharrell Williams, Jessie J.

Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centered upon the path of the sun.

The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.

The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus - meaning "circle of animals".

Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.