3. Little hints

It had been about a week since the incident with the Blue Blood, and thankfully you had enough funds to start repairs sooner then you thought.

Kurloz had been stopping by at least once a day to check in on you, you told him you were fine, but he just laughed it off. You did enjoy his company, he seemed chill and had a welcoming aura once you got to know him, but there were some...things that you thought were odd. He seemed to be extremely protective of you, which was understandable due to the events that took place, but...he was even hesitant around Lilia, he never stopped you, but he did voice his concern once or twice, which you nodded and agreed somewhat, but you knew he just wanted to protect you.
You had learned that he was from a pretty...messed up home, to say the least. His dad was a drug lord and killed innocent people left and right, Kurloz and his little brother Gamzee got dragged into it, but Kurloz wasn't having it, he got into a bad fight with his dad, and he ended up with damaged vocal cords to say the least, which explained why he seemed quiet, and when he did speak, it was rough and raspy. He said that it didn't hurt when he spoke, but he definitely felt a difference. But back to his backstory, His little brother Gamzee was in a secret relationship with a mud blood in the better part of town, Tavros. Once his dad found out, he went nuts, threatening to kill him and his liver if he ever saw them again. And that was what spawned the major fight between their dad and Kurloz. That same night, Kurloz and Gamzee fled home together, Gamzee and Tavros were old enough to make their own decisions, so Tavros left with them. Soon after they fled, Gamzee and Tavros wanted to start a life of their own, far away from his father, and that they did. Kurloz helped them find a place and get settled, and he tries to keep in contact with them as best as he can nowadays. But...sadly, Kurloz had his own demons to deal with, he battled with himself mentally and suffered from major anger issues, thanks to his father of course, he seemed to get the short end of the stick when it came to mental stuff, but after a while of living on his own, he met two new trolls named Karako and Marvus. They all got really close, and soon enough, they started fighting back against opposing gangs in their own special way, that special way being, slightttt torture. They killed those who they felt deserved it, and if you weren't good in their eyes, well you were shit outta luck. But this made you wonder, if he had the chance to kill you, then why didn't he? He was a high blood after all, and isn't it traditional to kill lower blood classes? You obviously didn't know much, but that's what you gathered from Lilia.

"Kurloz?" You piped up from the kitchen, his voice resonating from the front room area as you entered. "Yeah mama?" His voice tumbled as you set down the tray with tea, sitting up, he took his cup and held it, enjoying the warmth as you picked up your own cup. Deciding to take a sip before you spoke again. "I do have a question, and feel free to correct me if I say something incorrect, or if I'm offensive then please stop me." His eyes looked at you as he took a drink, clearing his throat carefully before nodding. "Continue." You nibbled on your lip in anxiousness before you spoke. "Well, My question is....isn't it traditional for high bloods to kill lower classes? Sorry if I'm wrong, but Lilia told me-" he laughed and cut you off. "Damn, she is really stuck in the past isn't she?" You shrugged as you took a long sip this time, listening as he continued. "High bloods used to rule over everything and everyone. They don't anymore, but it's in a high bloods dna to kill, it's just genetics, obviously there's 'cures' and meds nowadays, but I think the cures and stuff are kinda...bullshit." He chuckled and drank, you looked into your cup before you looked up at him. "Even Blue Bloods? I thought most of them were supposed to be nicer..." he raised a brow and swallowed. "And you found out the hard way that things are never as they seem, if anything those fuckers have more testosterone then any other highblood, doesn't mean their smart though." He finished his cup of tea and set it on the tray, humming and closing his eyes as he laid his head back. "Kurloz?" He hummed once more, indicating you had his attention. "....Did you ever think about...killing m-" he cut you off, his finger pressing against your lips as he leaned in front of you. "I may have my fathers dna, but I will never, and I mean never do anything like that to you. Got it mama? Even  if I were to kill someone close to me, you would have to really try me for it to get that far." His voice seemed to get slightly dark, his eyes more dull then usual, you nodded quickly, humming and finishing your tea as well as he sat back on the loveseat across from you. You picked up the tray and took it into the kitchen, carefully setting the dishes into the sink to wash later, you went back into the living room, sitting down in the same spot. "S-Sorry if I got on a nerve...or offended you. It's just that Lilia tells me a lot...and I've never really been friends with someone else, let alone a troll. So it's kinda new for me." You laughed and rubbed the back of your neck nervously, his eyes opened a little as he looked over at you. "I can tell, She doesn't seem to be the best book to look into now does she?" He grinned a bit, making you look down at your hands and blush ever so slightly. "W-Well her parents are very...against trolls, so that's just what she was told growing up." You defended her and smiled softly, his grin remained on his face. "Plus, my younger brother is with a low blood, so why should you be any different?~" he smirked and purred, your face now erupting into a blush as you went silent, earning another laugh. "You're pretty easy to embarrass." He jokes and stood up, popping his back and sighing in relief, you stood up and rolled your eyes. "Oh....w-whatever." You said playfully and walked over to the door with him. "You wanna see the progress we've made in the repairs?" You said excitedly, making him smile and nod. "Sure." The both of you leaving, making sure you locked it behind you and took your keycard with you. He seemed to keep your pace, if anything, he would fall behind you slightly, but you didn't think anything of it.

After going to the cafe and showing off the progress, along with fixing some minor things while you were there, the both of you left, and the sun started fading out. The deep night sky darkening the streets as the both of you were walking along the sidewalk, keeping close to the troll as you felt uneasy, starting to get into the sketchy part of town. The alleyways starting to hold a certain darkness to them as you passed by, hearing an occasional scuffle or yell from the darkness. A rare moment was when you would hear voices calling you towards them, which only made you walk closer to Kurloz, your hands starting to grip his arm. "K-Kurloz, where are we going?" You stuttered and looked into an alleyway you passed by, seeing red glowing eyes glaring back at you. He didn't respond though, continuing to walk before stopping at an odd looking house, assuming it was his, and being correct as he led you inside, shutting and locking the door behind him. Smelling a strong (ahem) herbal scent, that seemed to linger in the room. You gave him a perplexed look as he walked over to the tv got the remote, turning it on and flipping through different channels, landing on the news channel. Seeing a traumatized news anchor standing in front of a bloody background, her voice quivering as she spoke. Your grip loosened as you sat on the couch, feeling slightly numb, noticing all the little details behind the woman. "T-That's right outside my apartment...." your mouth hung open, your heart dropping as screams filled the microphone, the news anchors scream mixing in as the footage was cut off, seeing multiple figures swiftly moving by, the glistening blades in their hands. Kurloz turned the tv off and sat down next to you, pushing the shoes off his heels and kicking them off, sighing deeply. You felt yourself go numb as you remembered. "Lilia lives upstairs...." your heart seemed to sink, earning a questioning hum from him. "L-Lilia lives on the second floor!" You exclaimed and shot up, your whole body trembling, earning a deep sigh from the troll. "S-She could be in trouble Kurloz! W-Who knows what could've h-happened to her-" you started frantically speaking, raising your voice and feeling yourself getting emotional, but being cut off by him grabbing your wrists and pulling you on top of him, making you yell and immediately go silent. His fingers lacing you your neck and pushed your head up to look at him, his eyes darkening. "It's none of your concern sis, so I would get comfortable here, cause I don't think you wanna walk to your apartment alone in the dark, especially in this part of town.~" he smirked devilishly, your face now dark with a red blush as you stayed silent, nodding slightly and not daring to try and rebuttal his words. He sighed and closed his eyes, his hands lightly placing them selves on your sides, his head leaning back. You tensed and stay still, finding it tough to relax in this type of situation, after a moment or two, his body relaxed, listening closely as you started to hear him softly snoring. You sighed and relaxed a bit, realizing that he had fallen asleep, you hesitated for a moment before you wrapped your arms around his neck, laying your head on his chest and smiling as warmth surrounded you, hearing his calm heartbeat thump repeatedly.

I shuffled and felt myself waking up, yawning and stretching my arms out, bumping into something while doing so, I opened my eyes and immediately tensed, her arms were wrapped around my neck and her face was snuggled into my shirt, I blushed....like really fucking hard, my face probably would've melted off if it got any hotter. But after a moment, it calmed down, becoming softer and less noticeable. I slowly put one of my hands on her head, petting her soft hair gently, running my fingers through it and sighing. Then proceeding to wrap my arms around her, getting an idea a moment later, carefully, I picked her up and took her into my bedroom, yawning as I laid her down on the bed, being careful about her side and shoulder, as they could still be sensitive. I cracked my neck and back and groaned in relief, huffing heavily as I looked over at her sleeping form. Well, I'm sure as hell not sleeping in jeans, so I found a pair of comfortable sweat pants, changing into those and taking off my jacket and shirt, stretching again and huffing some. I turned back to her, she was definitely in a deep sleep, her body was completely relaxed, hearing her let out continuous quiet, and...slightly adorable snores.