11. Bloody baths

It was the next morning, your eyes opening very slightly as you sat up in bed, looking down, you realized it wasn't your bed, then remembering the evening before, blushing as you laid back down, stretching some while you were at it. Feeling someone stretch next to you, you turned your head and smiled, the tired looking troll slightly flushed and still dazed from waking up, such as you. You let out a slight hum as you remembered yesterday. "Kurloz-" you started, he yawned and looked over at you. "Who pulled the blue blood off of me?" It looked like he chuckled some before responding in a raspy morning voice (that totally didn't make that man even more attractive cause holy hell) "Grand and I took care of him mama." Humming as he stretched his arms above his head. "What about the older one?" Kurloz opened his eyes and looked at you steadily. "Got away." He simply said with a small sarcastic smile. You nodded some and got out of bed, stretching your arms and legs out, gettin dressed and heading downstairs to start the day. But it wasn't all going to plan, as you could tell by Grand wanting to talk to you right away, the both of you sitting down and having breakfast over it. "I've already told Kurloz, but I figured I would tell you too since your together-" Your cheeks flushed lightly. "Gamzee said you two could stay at his hive as long as you needed, I'm going away for motherfucking business I need to attend to with Darkleer and that shit."
You nodded as you took a sip from your cup. "Okay, when are we going there?" "I'm gonna be honest mama, today." He chuckled some. "Well that's short notice." "Aye you motherfucking tell my boss that-" The both of you laughed some, it felt nice to loosen the tension in the room, he wasn't ever mean to you, but he was sure as hell intimidating.

(Time skip)

You and Kurloz had gotten to Gamzee hive in the evening, he led you to a guest bedroom, the two of you setting your suitcases down and getting comfortable. "Kurloz, have you seen Gamzee anywhere?" He looked over at you and shrugged. "Nope, probably in his room." You walked to the doorway. "Ah, well I'm gonna browse and see if I can find him." He hummed and nodded towards you as you walked down the hall. The more you ventured through the hive, the more you felt uneasy, you new at this point you were far away from Kurloz, the creaking floors and dimly lit halls didn't help. As you got closer to the end of the hall you saw a dark figure hunched over. You hesitated at first, but decided to speak anyways in case he needed help. "Gamzee?" It felt like you had croaked out the word, the figure tensed before standing up completely, not realizing that he was close to Kurlozs height when standing up, which meant you were easily atleast a foot shorter than him. "Gamzee are you okay?" You chimed in again, your voice shaking as you could tell he had turned around. He held a large object in one of his hands, dragging it across the floor as he started pushing you to the other end of the hall, cornering you as he drew closer. As he got closer you could point out eerie differences from how he usually looked. Your heart pounded in your chest as you tried to push yourself further into the corner, seeing his sclera was a deep orange, his purple pupils having a red rim around them. At first it fell silent, only hearing the breathing you two made along with your heart. The silent cue broke when you saw him wind up the club, quickly rolling between him and the wall, hearing a loud crash as the weapon clashed with the wall, effortlessly making a large dent in it. You scraped your knee when dodging, but now that was the least of your worries, you looked back and saw him rip the club from the wall, turning back at you and grinning, before you knew it you felt a pain in your leg, fucker had thrown another club at your legs but only managed the hit one, bringing you down to the floor. It felt like hell attempting to crawl away, sobbing softly as the pain started hitting you harder than before. Stopping and practically giving up as you heard muffled footsteps come up to you. Letting out an 'ouff' as you felt the troll sit on your lower back, slamming the club into the floor next to your head as he leaned up to your face. His hand creeping up your neck as you clenched your eyes shut and squirmed under him. It was like his body had transformed, feeling more grotesque and creature-like than before. It hadn't even occurred to you that pounding footsteps made a be line towards you, your ears were ringing and it felt like your heart was going haywire. You were too nauseated and hazy to even realize the weight on your back was gone, hearing muffled yells and crashing before your vision went black.

Your body felt like a dusty antique, moving made you feel like you had been waiting ages to do so, your eyes peeking open tiredly and noticing that you were in a different bedroom, it looked as though it was the main one. Although your hearing was numbed slightly, you could've sworn that you heard running water. You wanted to prop yourself up, but you knew with how weak you felt that it wasn't gonna happen anytime soon, chills ran up and down your spine as you winced in pain and cried out when your leg twitched. Clenching your eyes shut in pain, jolting slightly and opening them again as you felt a hand on your side, pulling you close to the figure on the side of the bed you were close to. It was as comforting as it could get, as you could tell who it was, it had gotten to the point where you knew his footsteps, his voice, his hands, his cologne, hell even just his scent in general. It was all comforting cause you associated it with him.

You could feel tears welling up in your eyes, curling close to his chest as he knelt beside the bed. He papped your head and spoke softly, calling you before getting your attention. "I got a bath running for your aches mama, I'm gonna have you prop your leg up on the side of the tub so I can work on it." You nodded hazily, not even realizing that the trolls club had bruised and gashed your leg. Kurloz picked you up, at this point you realized he was shirtless, seeing some bandages and gauze on him, indicating that he had already doctored himself up.
He gently set you down, making sure you didn't hit your head and that the wound wouldn't get wet. You let out a shaky sigh, feeling the tension in your muscles melt away, though that was soon obliterated by the seering pain of the wound cleanser. Watching him disinfect and wrap the wound up with ointment, taking a rag and getting it wet with the bath water as he gently washed it. You closed your eyes and attempted to relax, the thought of him seeing you bare didn't make you uneasy, you knew that out of all the living things on earth, he would be the one to trust with it. The steam from the water seemed to help clear your sinuses some, it always felt horrible having a stopped up nose as soon as you woke up , annoying as all get out. You were broken from the trance all of the sudden by the sound of the troll asking you a question, you hummed as a sign to please repeat it. "You ready to get out mama?" "Yeah-" Jeez, your voice felt like it ripped through your throat, it was dry and scratchy, uncomfortable to say the least.

You nodded and attempted to push yourself out, hearing Kurloz make a noise of disapproval. "Mama I need to help you get out, your leg isn't in any shape to be walking on, hold on, lemme get the towel ready." He made his way over to the sink and picked up the folded gray towel, unfolding before speaking again. "You're okay with that right mama?" His now shy purple eyes peered at you. You nodded tiredly "of course Loz." You croaked out as he came over to the tub to help you get out. Reaching his arm out behind your back so you could hold onto his neck, having to be picked up as he wrapped the towel around you some, you doing the rest as he let you lean on him, walking one your one good leg back into the bedroom.

The two of you sat down on the bed, you let out a shaky sigh and yawned, stretching your arms above your head. Though you couldn't see the troll blushing close by, as you closed your eyes while doing so. A thought popped into your head once more. "Kurloz-" you got his attention, his eyes flicking over to meet yours as you continued on. "I-....I've been wondering for a little bit, and if not it's completely fine." You took a breath in before finishing.

"Do you want to be my matespirit?"