Haunted

"I'm not going in there, it's haunted!"

Karma's mother tugged sharply on his arm, trying to get him to go into the house. His feet were planted firmly on the concrete path that led to the front door, and his mother's attempts were doing little to move him. "There's no such thing as a haunted house, Karma. Stop being dramatic and superstitious-"

"Look at it!" he screeched. "Do NOT tell me that it's not haunted when it clearly is. How many windows have we had to replace?"

She heard her husband call her from inside the house, asking for assistance. There were lots of boxes being moved around and despite having many movers, they were all busy. She pinched the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger, trying to calm the forming headache. She looked at her son, who was staring defiantly at her. Her husband yelled for her again.

"Three windows, Karma. Three. How many did we replace in our last house? Seven-"

"That's because I broke them! We didn't move in when they were-"

"Stop interrupting," she snapped, patience gone. Karma recoiled, looking slightly guilty, but no less angry. "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be throwing a tantrum about something as idiotic as this!" She glared and shook her head one last time before walking into the house.

"This is a stupid house!" He shouted at her retreating figure. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

"Get used to it, because we live here now."

...............

His parents didn't stick around after they were settled in. Of course. The second all the boxes were delt with and everything was put away, they were off to India, their excuse being "it's for business, Karma, stop moping."

(He didn't stop moping. Business his ASS.)

But how could he, when he was left alone in a haunted house? Did they WANT him dead?

Despite his parents denying its supernatural presence, Karma was more convinced every day. It was the only explanation to the roses -their roots still clumped with dirt, mind you- that would turn up every morning in front of his bedroom door, or the smiley faces drawn on the steamed up bathroom mirror when he showered. (VERY creepy.) And whenever he would accidentally drop a plate in the kitchen, everything would be nicely swept into a pile.

Now, either he had a very adamant stalker, or this house was possessed by a ghost.

Surprisingly, the ghost seemed more probable. His parents had invested too much in the security system for someone to be breaking in and doing all this.

But why was a ghost haunting him? What did he do? Was one of the grunts he beat up at some point possessed by a spirit? Was it here to seek revenge? Was it playing with his mind, slowly breaking him down, until he collapsed on the ground while skating in fear, ready to have his soul devoured?

Or maybe he was just going insane. Also probable.

Now, despite being ninety-eight percent sure he was being followed around by a ghost, Karma was relatively calm about the whole thing (aside from the paranoid dreams at night).

That is, until he woke up one morning to see that, written on his bathroom mirror in a red liquid that looks suspiciously similar to blood, was;

:) I like you

-Nagisa

Karma screamed.

...............

I'm so cool haha its been months
shout out to the person who talks to me when I'm lonely, you know who you are

(I'll probably add more to this later, I just wanted you all to know I'm not dead yet, sorry)

         -Momo