Chapter 7

"Need to know what that creature can do, turns out that zombie was blind but faster than an athlete. It will react immediately once it hears a noise." He explained and I finally figured out why he left me.

He used me as a bait to experiment on the zombie, such a low key move. Although I still can't ignore the fact that he did also saved me, even if he could have just let that zombie eat my brain. If that was what they do.

"So what's your plan?" I ask him.

"Regroup with the others and get the hell out of here." He replied and I knew that when he meant the others, he meant the Phantom Troupe.

Which I didn't want to go happen because I also want to reunite with my friends, but for now that is my only option, to go with him. Searching for my friends can be done later on. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door opening and saw Feitan was about to leave.

"Hey! Where are you going!" I chased after him.

"Leaving."

"Can I come with you?"

"Just don't get in my way and try to keep up slow brat." I gave him a straight face but then again, I have no choice but to follow him.

He then held my hand and lead the way. He somehow picked up a bat and a knife. He gave the knife to me.

"Do you know how to use that?" He asked and I gave him an are you serious look. "Just making sure brat."

Normal POV

You heard people screaming, saw some of them getting eaten by the zombies, others were calling for your help but Feitan ignored them. You really wanted to help them but you couldn't fight five zombies at once.

"We could have helped them!" You complained to Feitan as both of you were resting in a safe room.

"There's nothing we could have done." Feitan bluntly said and you glared at him.

"What if that was your family back there, would you have helped them?" You tried giving him hints on what you were trying to tell him and he only raised an eyebrow.

"Family? What's that?" He questioned and you were about to speak, but you heard a scream just outside the room you were in.

You looked outside the window and saw one of your classmate, Lily surrounded by three zombies. She was attracting them by her own noise.

"We need to help her!" You frantically yelled and Feitan gave you the look of 'I don't care about her' so you just scoff.

"Not helping anyone, couldn't care less about your life either." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"No wonder why your life seemed like it's always boring, you only care about yourself." You commented and went out of the door.

You quickly ran towards Lily and stabbed one of the zombie on the chest.

"Help me!" Lily screamed and you watch as the zombie you just stab try to reach out for you, but then it went back on following Lily's voice.

"Don't make a noise!" You yelled to Lily and she just cower in fear. "Over here zombies! Follow me you bastards!"

You tried leading the zombie away from Lily and they were now following you. What you didn't know is that there were other undead going to the opposite direction of you and heard the noise.

When you turned around, you realised that you were trap. You began to panicked as you didn't know what to do. Surely they can't see you but they can smell what a meal is for them.

As you were beginning to think that this was your end, Feitan quickly smashed their heads one by one until there was no one left. After he was done, he went to you and you immediately embraced him. He flinch with your sudden move but then relaxes.

"You okay?" He ask and you nodded while separating from him.

"Thank you, again." You thanked and he nodded.

You then started hearing Lily cry so you went to her.

"Are you okay?" You ask and when Lily put her head up, you saw that her right hand had been bitten.

"W-w-what are they? H-how did they get h-here!" She scaredly ask.

"They're zombies, I don't know how they got here or where they've came from. All I know is that they're blind but they can hear really well." You replied.

"Am I- am I goig to turn into one of them?" You were about to answer but Feitan interrupted you.

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible before any of them returns." He stated and you nodded.

"Come on Lily, can you stand?"
-----
The three of you were still searching for your friends, you were checking every floor to look for them but all you've encountered so far were the zombies.

Feitan had been killing the zombie that comes in your way and you have to admit it that even though he's a midget, he could be a badass.

"Feitan..." You trailed off and he hummed in response to give you a sign that he was listening. "Why did you save me? I thought you don't care if I die?"

You look at Feitan who just glance at you.