'There's a way'-Chapter 28

Rusty's POV:

I stormed over to Alex's room peeping through the window to see if any doctors or nurses were inside. None. Just an empty room. I pushed down the door handle walking into the room closing the door behind me. I closed the blinds to get some privacy from the medical team and patients walking up and down the hospital corridors. I walked over to Alex's side and sat myself down at the end of his bed.

"Hey buddy" I spoke softly.

"I know you can't hear me but I want to talk to you anyway eh eh, I have some good and bad news..." I paused, I was getting a little overwhelmed. I cleared my throat and tried to talk again.

"Ummm... You're dying, But... I know a way for you to survive-I'm going to confront Tony and get my soul back".

I placed both of my hands on either side of me and pushed myself up. I look back down at Alex lying there, he looked as if he was sleeping. I place my hand on his arm to feel his energy...

"5 Day's" I muttered to myself. I opened my eyes once again and looked once again at Alex.

"I'll be back soon" I whispered. I turned around and speed-walked out the door and towards the family room Pink was still in.

Pink's POV:

After Rusty left I managed to contain myself and stumbled over to the couch were I slouched with the bin still attached to my hands. I wrapped my hair up and heard the doorknob turn.

"Rusty?" I questioned looking up still a little queasy.

The door cracked open to reveal a man in his late 40s with gold hair peek through the door.

"Dad?!" I yelled. He hushed me and stepped into the room closing the door behind him.

"Pink I-I" My Dad speechlessly tried to say something. I looked down not wanting to face him.

"Look if you're here to talk about Rusty... I don't want to hear it..." I snapped.

I heard footsteps coming close towards me. I then felt a cold hand touch me it sent shivers up my spine. I looked up to see my Dad with tears in his eyes.

 "I'm sorry..." He apologized with tears in his eyes he gave me a bear hug which after a few seconds I gave it back. He pulled away and looked at me.

"Where's Rusty?" He asked. My Dad sounded as if he wanted to tell or ask him something.

We both turn our heads at the sound of the door opening and it was Rusty looking down... Sad... 

"Hey Pink Alex has-" He cut himself off looking up to see my Dad, Rusty stood there with his hand still on the handle staring wide-eyed at me and my Dad.

My Dad turned the rest of his body and walked towards Rusty slowly opening out his arms until he pulled Rusty into a hug a whispered to him

 "I'm sorry... Son"

It was loud enough for me to hear. When my Dad said 'son' Rusty's face lit up. It's the happiest I've ever seen him. My Dad patted Rusty's back and said that he would take his leave.

When my Dad left I ran over to Rusty and I jumped onto him wrapping my legs around his waist and kissed him but then something in the atmosphere... changed it was so happy but a feeling a sadness drowned the room I removed my lips from Rusty's facing him...

"Pink I am going to save Alex - get my soul back - You should stay here and watch over him" Rusty suggested.

"Wait, what no!" I yelled. "If you're going to face Tony... You're not doing it alone, I'm coming with you" I demanded. Rusty looked down and sighed at my response before looking back up with a small stupid grin on his face.

"There's no way of convincing you to stay... Is there?" Rusty questioned already knowing the answer.

"Nope!" I responded.

"Ok," Rusty agreed. 

Still, in Rusty's arms, he gave me another kiss which we broke away from a minute later.

"We leave tomorrow afternoon," Rusty said placing me back down onto the ground.

Alex is going to survive!  I screamed with joy in my inner thoughts knowing that it would all be ok...