Gabriel sees her stumble like a fawn and catches her before she could fall. Wrapping an arm around her lower back and under her knees he easily lifts her bridal style into his arms. She wraps her arms around his neck and begins to fall in and out of sleep completely exhausted

Gabriel turns towards Niklaus once again who stares at the three in front of him in bewilderment. "Tell me what you've done with Elijah. Now." He says with a look daring his brother to say otherwise.

Niklaus looks away with a slightly ashamed look muttering just loud enough for the other two originals to hear. "I gave him to Marcel."

"Excuse. Me." Gabriel grits out, unintentionally tightening his hold on Hayley. He softens his hold when he feels her lightly squirm and she snuggles her face into his neck being barely awake. He gets chills down his neck and stares at the brunette beauty in his arms before focusing back on the situation at hand.

"You bartered our brother! How could you?" Rebekah yells but quickly quiets down when she sees the look her elder brother gives her as he motions with his head towards the barely awake wolf.

"I have a plan. And if you both don't like it feel free to leave." Niklaus says getting up and beginning to walk away.

"Niklaus." Gabriel warns, making Klaus tense up. He knew he wouldn't get away with talking like that to his older brother but he hoped he would accept his answer. "You have a week to fix this, or else I'm getting involved and no one will like what the end result is." He promises before turning to Rebekah, "I'll talk to you in the morning Bex." She nods as he kisses her cheek and begins walking up the stairs to lay Hayley down.

As he's walking down the hall he realizes he has no idea which room was hers. He looks down to ask but sees she's lightly snoring in deep sleep.

He debates to himself for a second before opening a door to a room he hadn't been in for a century now. He lays her down on the bed and covers her up gently. He stares at her for a second before he distantly tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear and gently admires her.

He smiles softly and turns around to find another room to sleep in when he feels a tug at his shirt. Looking down he realizes the wolf had a strong grip on his sleeve. He slowly and carefully attempts to pull it out of her grasp only for her to tighten it and bring it closer to her chest, snuggling up to the shirt.

He chuckles softly, and begins taking off his shirt with her grip still on the sleeve he grabs extra blankets and pillows and slips out of the room with one last glance towards the beautiful female on his bed. He walks across the hallway into a random guest room and falls into a deep sleep.
• • •

The next morning Gabriel walks into the kitchen to see his sister looking through a magazine as she sits at the kitchen counter.

He walks up to her kissing her cheek with a small morning greeting making her face light up. She never felt more loved and safe than she did with her older brother. No one, not even any of her siblings could hurt her when he was there.

"You seem to have taken a quick liking to Hayley." Rebekah slyly comments while taking a sip of her coffee still looking at the magazine she had no interest in.

Gabriel rolls his eyes at her antics. "You dear sister are becoming delusional. You've spent too much time with Niklaus." He says making her laugh.

He begins taking out ingredients for breakfast. "You don't eat big meals for breakfast." Rebekah says narrowing her eyes at her brothers actions.

"Pregnant women need to eat as well Bex." He says knowing what was coming. His siblings always liked to play match maker whenever he was around, even Niklaus. He guessed it was their way of trying to make him stay longer.