Distractions from the past Guilt from the Present

Knockout's P.O.V

  After Megatron left to battle the autobots I went back to the throne room to stay with (Y/N). My tanks felt uneasy lying to my old friend but I couldn't let them remember. Megatron would have my helm and they'd glitch for cycles with that much of an overload of information. Signing out an intake I gently grabbed their servo and listened as they talked to me. Making sure the hallways were clear I held them close, leading them through the halls quickly. Neither of us needed any trouble...

   Taking them to the med-bay we talked a bit but I didn't really know what to say so I let them ramble about random things and ask questions. They were  my only true friend other than Breakdown and I was lying to them. I was betraying one of the only bots I really cared for. Unicron damn you to the pits for eternity Megatron. I saw their face light up and turning I looked at my workbench.

   "So you remember these tools?" I asked trying to distract (Y/N) and get my processor off of what I was currently doing to them. How I was manipulating them. They nodded excited and rushed over next to me examining them. I chuckled at their excited nature and smiled softly. 

  "I was a medic right?" They question picking up and placing down different tools. Smiling I squeezed their shoulder plating. They were remembering!

  "I'm surprised you remember." I stated smiling at old memories. "I haven't talked about my medical expertise for centuries almost." I noted my digits going over a particularly favorite drill on the table. It always did it's job and did it well. 

  "Knockout I didn't learn these tools from you." They giggled picking one up and twirling it before setting it back down in it's place. "I learned them from Ratchet while being in medical training. You know before the..." They stopped letting their train of thought go before looking around confused. Their optics dilated before shuttering. Refocusing they looked around confused. "Where is he anyways?" I almost glitched. Scrap.  They remembered the autobots?! What else did they remember?! Megatron would have my helm for this! Why? Why? Why?! No! No! No!!!

   "Who?" I asked innocently sorting my tools in my preferred order trying not to seem suspicious as I tried pushing that thought away from them hoping they'd slip into a processor glitch so they couldn't remember him.

   "Ratchet. You know medic like you? Even has a redish orange paint job kinda like you. Older mech more on the grumpy side." They said making a fake grumpy face. Okay that was adorable. Looking away fans clicking on I shrugged before turning away. I couldn't lie to them!

   "Nope. Don't think I know him." I answered flawlessly lying as they furrowed their optical ridges. I swallowed spinning the tool in my servo before placing it back down.

  "Oh. Well in the war I was his apprentice for some time. He taught me all sorts of medical things. But all these tools are more like torture devices then medical equipment." They pointed out. I swallowed feeling called out. I could break and Patch up bots. RUDE.

  "Yes well..." I trailed off. That's kind of what these tools are used for I guess they had a point. My digits tapped the table annoyed. 

  "Their pretty cool though." They replied touching them with delicate servos observing all the different trinkets and gadgets that could either save you or off-line you.

  "Yeah.... they get the job done." I answered nervously shuffling away. They remembered fragments of the war too? I hadn't even done anything and I was so screwed.

  "Hey you okay?" They asked concerned putting the scapple they were holding down.

  "Fine. Just kind of tired." I lied closing my optics and rubbing my optical ridges. This was going to be a long couple of cycles. Megatron better get his story straight and SOON. 

  "Oh sorry. I hate when I don't get recharge." (Y/N) noted. Yeah me to. Tonight would be impossible to recharge. Guiltless for thousands of years cutting people up and killing or brutal interrogation during this war and now a simple bot does you in. Oh Knockout what have you done to yourself?