Chapter 2

A creaking noise could be heard as Miles opens the door to the office of a certain bluffing attorney, Phoenix Wright. A dim light emittes on the door near the reception due to the fact it wasn't fully closed. Miles could hear audibal noises of someone crying as Miles drew nearer to the door.

Miles quietly knocked at the door as he took a peak in the room through the slightly opened door. Then Miles gently called out, "Wright?". Through the space between the door Miles could see the remains of the celebration last night. A few bottles and cups of ramen rested on the table that was pushed all the way to file cabinet.

The sobs slowly began to lessen and a respons from Phoenix was heared, "C-come in-".

The two met eachother eye to eye as Miles enters the room. The tiny spark that always enlightens the amature defense attorney's eyes seemed to faded. Phoenix was curled up in a tiny ball on the couch in front of Miles. From what Miles can deduce, Phoenix clearly had been up all morning but didn't do anything productive. Phoenix was still wearing what Miles can presume was his suit and tie while being curled up in a blanket.

"What happened to you, Wright?" Miles gentley ask, sitting on a vacant spot of the couch next to Phoenix.

"I-I'm real sorry f-for bothering you in a time l-li-" Miles couldn't quite catch what Phoenix said because Phoenix was burring his head in shame.

"It's quite alright, I wasn't that busy today", was a small lie Miles told to make Phoenix feel better.

"and right now you're my main priority" Miles gently said, continuing with "so, mind telling me what happened?"

Phoenix responded but wasn't properly heard because how he burried his head with the blanket.

"Wight, I'd highly appreciate if you could speak up"

Phoenix pulled out his head out of his tiny blanket shelter and said "M-maya".

"Did some kind of casualty happened between you and Miss Fey?"

"S-she's gone. . ."

Miles was flabbergasted with Phoenix's statement. The room was filled with an eerie and quiet atmosphere. Miles couldn't understand what Phoenix meant by 'gone'.

Was Maya dead?

No, Miles didn't want to make assumption and ask Phoenix to verify what he meant, "What do you mean by gone?"

"S-she left and went back to h-er Village to c-continue her training", Miles was relieved upon hearing Phoenix's reply.

"M-Miles, W-what do I d-do?" Phoenix's sobs only seemed to get louder after asking this. Miles wanted to help Phoenix and offer him advice if it wasn't for the fact that Miles was also asking himself the same thing.

Miles was stuck in a state of panic. Unsure what to do to make him feel better. He could hear and see Phoenix crying but Miles didn't know what to do until Phoenix spoke up,

"I-I know it s-sounds really p-petty to cry about, I just feel s-so lost. . ."

And out of impulse Miles wrapped his arms around Phoenix and said "There's nothing with crying, Wright. After all, we are all just human"

A small smile formed upon Phoenix's face. Miles hug was warm, gentle, and above all, unexpected. Phoenix gladly hugged back.

"T-thanks Miles, I really needed that. I g-guess I just felt really alone. . ."

The room was once again silent. The only difference was, this type of silence felt much more comforting. The two lawyers just stayed silent, embracing each other and and each waking moment.

The silence was then broken by Phoenix, "It just, people in my life keep l-leaving me behind or worst, Betraying me"

Miles had somewhat of an involuntaty movement and burried his head on Phoenix's head and tighten his grip. This might had to do with guilt. Miles knew very he was one of those people Phoenix had mentioned.

"I'm sorry Phoenix"

Phoenix was caught of guard. It wasn't for the fact that Miles was apologizing, Phoenix was shocked at hearing his name. This was one of the first few times he heard Miles say his first name. The way Miles says Phoenix's name had a soft and angelic tone to it.

Miles then continued his apology, "I'm sorry I left you all those years ago. . ."

Phoenix simply placed his on Miles head and gentley stroked it, hoping it made Miles feel any better. "Miles, t-there's no need for you to say sorry. . ."

"But Pho-" Phoenix shushed Miles.

"It maybe true you left me back then, but that's because you had no choice. But. . ." Phoenix took a pause and adjusted Miles position.

Miles was adjusted to be siting on Phoenix lap, facing him. They had a small distance from each other, enough to look at each other eye to eye.

"You're here again and I'm not alone anymore"

The two began having a moment of silence, getting lost in each others eyes. With each inch they grow closer, the louder they can hear there heartbeath. They we're practiacally breathing the same air as there lips were in vicinity.

.

Then Miles had a stroke of realization and pushed himself away from Phoenix. He immediatley moving out of Phoenix's lap and unto where he originally sat. Miles was overwhelmed with frienzied confusion.

Phoenix couldn't help but let out a tiny chuckle with Miles getting flustered.

Miles realized that Phoenix had cleverly slithered his hand to his. Miles felt flustered but couldn't quite move his hand away. This was probably because Miles unconsciously wanted this.

Miles couldn't stop looking at his hand until Phoenix called out,"Hey Miles".

"W-what is it Wright?" Miles, despite being a man of etiquette, couldn't bring himself to look at Phoenix as an attempt to hide his glowing red face.

"Can you promise me something?" Miles tried to at least glance at Phoenix and from what he saw, Phoenix had sparkles glowing in contrast to the dim looking room.

"Of course"

There was suddenly a weight left on Miles shoulder, which was actually Phoenix leaning onto him. "Promise me you'll never leave me like again like 15 years ago?" Phoenix ask in a meekly voice.

Miles took a small pause to take in what Phoenix said. He looked at Phoenix in the eye and responded with,

"Phoenix, I have no reason to leave you. I'd love us to stay together forever"