FIFTEEN- SNAP

ACT ONE

The atmosphere in Guido's house was tense and reeked of disappointment after the failure of not being able to rescue Isabella

The atmosphere in Guido's house was tense and reeked of disappointment after the failure of not being able to rescue Isabella. Florence could tell by the way the Doctor was furrowing his brows that he was trying to come up with a plan, but in the meanwhile, the group was left sitting helplessly at the table.

Florence sat still whilst the Doctor carefully checked her neck with his sonic screwdriver. " You're fine, open wide " he instructed as he popped a humbug into her mouth and sat back down.

"Ugh peppermint " She cringed as the flavour made it onto her tastebuds. Instead of reacting the Doctor held his hand out in front of his mouth as he was scanning Amy's bite marks and Florence took that as her queue to gracefully spit the sweet out into his hand.

"Noted for future reference " He replied still distracted.

Saying the same thing to Amy the Doctor gave a big sigh of frustration and began impatiently pacing up and down the humble room " I need to think, come on think, think, think, think, think ".

"If they're fish people it explains why they hate the sun " Amy suggested first, the sweet in her mouth making her sound funny.

" Stop talking, brain thinking hush " The Doctor replied by placing a hand over Amy's mouth to stop her from saying anything else.

"It's the school thing I don't understand " Rory began.

"Stop talking, brain thinking, hush " The Doctor once again repeated as Florence took the hint and put her hand over Rory's mouth to which he just rolled his eyes.

"I say we take the fight to them " Guido assured passionately, losing his daughter was enough for him to start behaving recklessly.

"Ah - Ah - Ah " The Doctor began.

"'What ?".

"Ah " The doctor interrupted nodding at Rory who placed his hand over Guido's mouth ."Her planet dies, so they flee through a crack in space and time and end up here. Then she closes off the city and, one by one starts changing the people into creatures like her to start a new gene pool. Got it. But then what? They come from the sea. They can't survive forever on land, so what's she going to do? Unless she's going to do something to the environment to make the city habitable. She said 'I shall bend the heavens to save my race.' Bend the heavens. Bend the heavens " He repeated the last part as if something was on the tip of his tongue.

" Well, if we are speaking literally, Venice has water... and they are fish people " Florence suggested, feeling as if the Doctor was going to shush her she clamped her hand over her mouth.

However, the Doctor was too busy having a lightbulb moment. " She's going to sink Venice " he realised.

"She's going to sink Venice ?" Guido repeated slowly.