I|MIDNIGHT

ACT ONE

••••••

THE CLOCK STRUCK MIDNIGHT casting a mysterious aura over Florence Morrell as she navigated the dimly lit streets. Moonlight delicately caressed her cheeks, revealing sunken eyes and a wearied frame. The night, darker than usual, unfolded with flickering streetlights, remnants of a council yet to address their everlasting problems. Mentally kicking herself for declining a co-worker's lift, and ventured through her estate alone.

The harsh wind, whistling through every crack, heightened the eerie atmosphere. Florence hastily zipped up her thin coat rubbing her hands together and occasionally blowing on them for warmth. The wind intensified, slapping her face , triggering a panicked realisation that she was working herself into a state of breathlessness.

Pulling out her phone to check the time, she sighed in frustration, realising it was dead - a consequence of her addicting candy crush sessions on breaks.

interrupting her thoughts was the sight of an old lady at the end of her street, accompanied by what seemed to be an innocent dog. Normally, Florence would exchange the occasional chit-chat but tonight, the only desire that enveloped her was the safety and the comfort of her bed, at least until the dreaded day repeated itself come morning.

With that Florence found herself awkwardly making her way over to to Mrs Waklett, who stood too still for comfort. She couldn't help but shake the anxious knot gnawing away at her stomach.

Something was very wrong.

She hastily decided to check if the elderly woman has been somehow possessed - a decision that proved catastrophic. Mrs Waklett harshly grabbed Florence's wrist, and with horror, she watched a plunger apparatus emerge from the woman's forehead, accompanied by an ominous blue light.

"Florence Morrell is acquired"

.....

"Florence".

A loud Scottish voice echoed through the pristine room as Florence groggily lifted herself from the stone cold ground. Bright light stung her eyes , unfamiliar anxiety escalating with each passing moment.As she surveyed her surroundings, another voice echoed the same sentiment.

"Florence".

Focusing on the source, she noticed a slightly lanky man with an awkward stance. next to him stood a fiery redhead, whose model-like legs caught Florence's attention.

"Am i dead?" Florence rasped.

The man chuckled. "what? No , I mean , wouldn't be the first time for me," earning him a death glare from the redhead.

"You're not dead" She countered."Although I'm at least ninety percent sure this has something to do with the Doctor."

"Doctor who?" Florence urgently pressed, was she going to see a psychiatrist?

The unfamiliar woman's response was barely a whisper, her heart-crushing as she met Florence's blank stare.

"Maybe the fall gave her short-term memory loss?"

"Yes, Rory, the fall specifically made her forget the most important man in her life. Did your fall knock all the brain cells out of your brain?"

Rory, the name echoed unfamiliarly in Florence's mind."I-" she bagn but found herself overwhelmed with too many questions.

"How much trouble are we in " Rory mused aloud.

As the doors opened, a giant robotic structure wheeled into the room, adorned with the same blue apparatus as Mrs.Waklett. The weird-looking robot was littered in small gold domes and had what Florence could only connotate to a plunger, and whisk?

Behind the creature, a lanky man followed in wearing suspenders that matched his bow tie, he had feathered chocolate brown hair and on his face was a smug look.

" Mr Pond " He spoke loudly into the room, opening his arms out dramatically.

"Out of ten ."

"Eleven." He finished.

The ground shook, revealing a glass dome above, stairs, an spaceships floating casually. Panic gripped Florence, and she tried to swallow the lump in her throat. The doctor recognising her distress , came to her aid.

"Hey, deep breath-look at me," he insisted, holding her cheeks as she stood steady breaths. A puzzled look crossing his face; something felt off- it wasn't his Florence.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

' I think i might throw up," Florence admitted.

"You get used to it," Rory reassured.

'Doctor, she doesn't know who we are."

Although Florence didn't know it yet, the doctor's usual cool look faltered as he mumbled,"oh no".

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" he yelled at the army of robots. their response. "we acquired Florence Morrell," only fuelled the doctor's anger.

"You don't understand, you just messed up her whole timeline. This isn't the Florence Morel you think " The Doctor argued back as he gave an exhausted sigh of defeat.

"Doctor , what's going on?" the redhead asked.

'Basically, the time vortex must have gone wibbly-wobbly again and messed up the period we meet Florence. This version of her doesn't know anything about us yet."

"Which brings me to this " The Doctor clapped his hands together and rubbed them together almost excitedly.

"Florence this is Amy Pond "  He pointed to the redhead who gave her a genuine smile " and Rory Pond ".

"Actually my last name isn't Po-" Rory began but got ultimately shushed as the Doctor put a finger over his lips.

"So I will know you all in the future ?" Florence asked as if her brain was splintering into a thousand tiny pieces. She could do with an aspirin she thought.

" Unfortunately you'll be seeing more of us if that's what you mean " The Doctor joked.

.....

"Well,come on then!" The doctor gestured to the parliament of Daleks."You've got me, alas it's christmas- here i am ."

"You will save us", the Daleks chanted, leaving the doctor confused.

"I'll what?" he asked, dumbfounded.

"You will save the Daleks," they continued chanting, prompting a confused laugh from the doctor.

"This is new", he confessed.

Before any further words could be exchanged, Florence found herself spiralling amid the ongoing conversation. Swift as lightning, the doctor intervened , catching her just in the nick of time.

....

Hello, Little author's note here ! I am currently updating this book again and it might take me some time. Thank you to those who are somehow still here.