This Town

Lyndsey's POV:

Niall and I arrived at his house that was just outside his hometown Mullingar, Westmeath. He parked in his driveway and we both hopped out of the car as soon as we could. I was sick and tired of traveling. The flight was horrible and the drive was even worse. I reached down to touch my toes so my back could stretch out. 

"I am so over traveling." I blurted out. "I don't know how you are able to travel so much."

Niall laughed as he unloaded luggage from the car. When on the luggage was out, I wheeled the suitcases into the house while Niall carried a few bags. We set them down in the entrance hallway. I looked around and Niall's house, I couldn't believe how much room there was. So much space I was not used to. 

Niall picked up the bags again and started going upstairs. I followed without the suitcases because there is no way I could carry them. 

"When are we meeting your parents?" I asked. 

"What a great question, they are going to be over here in a few hours," Niall replied. "They don't live too far from here."

My eyes widened. I had no idea that I would be meeting them today!

"Here we are," Niall said as he dropped the bags on the floor of what I assumed was Niall's room.

"We? I'm staying in here with you?"

"Yes, of course."

"Are you sure that is a good idea? With your parents coming over and everything."

Niall smiled at me as he slowly walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I gently placed my hands on the sides of his arms. 

"It is fine, I assure you." Niall insisted. "But, if you prefer to stay in one of the guest rooms that is reasonable as well. Just as long as it is the one next door."

"Thank you, Niall."

He gave me a quick kiss on the lips before heading back downstairs to retrieve the suitcases. 

***

It was five o'clock in the afternoon, Niall and I were sitting on his couch drinking some tea once we were all squared away. Just then, a pair of voices appeared in the distance. I looked over at Niall who recognized the voices. 

"That would be my parents." Niall clarified as he stood up from the couch to greet them.

I quickly send my tea down on the table in front of me. I stood up from the couch so I could make sure my outfit looked presentable. I had just enough time to do all of that before Niall came back into the room with his parents. They both looked like wonderful people. Niall definitely looked like his father but I could pick out a few features from his mother as well. 

"Mother, father, this is Lyndsey." Niall introduced.

I stuck out my hand to shake both of there hands. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," I said.

"Likewise, Niall has told us a great deal about you." His father added.

"You look very comfortable, dear." His mother joined in. "I wish I could pull that outfit off."

"Why thank you! It's the perfect travel outfit!" I exclaimed

"Why thank you! It's the perfect travel outfit!" I exclaimed. "I bet you could totally pull this off though. We should go shopping one of these days that way we can get you one."

Her mother smiled and laughed but liked my idea. 

"I would love to do that." His mother admitted. 

We all took our seats with Niall and I resuming our previous seats while his parents sat across from us. It was a quaint night that was filled with questions, laughter, and smiles. It couldn't have gone any better.