1. No more secret (Newt)

I'm the only girl in the Glade. I don't know why or how, but here I am. I came up in that shucking box, just like everyone else. My best friends are Chuck and Thomas. And yes... I might have a crush on someone. He has a dirty blond hair, he's skinny, tall and protecting. His name is Newt. He's so lovely in every way.

"What are you daydreaming about?" I suddenly hear a voice, which indeed interrupts my daydreaming. It's Thomas who was asking.
He sits next to me.
I bite my lip and look at the direction where Newt is. He's watering some plants.

We're taking a break from our duties, Thomas just came from the maze and I'm just taking a break from being a track-hoe."I'm not a mindreader, but I can see that you're thinking about something... or actually someone..." Thomas says and smirks.

"No I'm not!" I almost shout while looking at him with a serious face. "It's Newt isn't it?" Thomas continues teasing. "N-no." I say. I try to hide my feelings, but I think I'm too obvious.

"Newt it is!" Thomas shouts. "Shut up Tommy! He could've heard that!" I tell him worried.

"Did someone say my name?" We hear a voice. A british voice. The very same that belongs to Newt. I'm blushing so hard that I can't even look at him. "(Y/n) just told me..." Starts Thomas, but I punch him in the arm hard. "He's just messing around. As always." I mutter. Then I face Newt. He looks a little confused.
"Okay... I'm going back to my job... as a track-hoe..." I stutter before Newt gets the chance to say anything. He just smiles and nodds.
We both go back to work while Thomas stays. (It's not safe to go back to the maze anymore since it's almost the time when the walls close.)
I look at him while walking, giving a death glare. He just laughs.

Soon the evening comes and the walls close. Some of the gladers started to prepare the bonfire. I'm with Chuck. "I see something is bothering you, shank." Chuck says, being proud of using the "glader slang".
"Oh, it's nothing." I tell him and smile.

After moments of joking and laughing with Chuck, I notice Thomas and Newt. They're sitting by the fire and both of them are looking at me. I look at them both confused. "Uhh, Chuck, there's something I have to do so, see ya later?" I tell to Chuck. He just nodds and then runs towards Frypan, propably to get some bacon.
I walk towards Tommy and Newt. They both are smiling at me. Then Thomas says something to Newt who's smile turns even bigger. "Uhh... Hi." I say to them and try to sit next to Thomas, but he moves and gives me place between him and Newt. I shrug and sit down. I have this feeling that Thomas told him my secret.
I take a look at Newt, who's already looking at me. "Hello there, love. We were just talking about you."He says. "Wait what?" I ask. My heart is beating fast. Newt chuckles and puts his arm around me, pulling me a little closer. I blush. Is this really happening?
I'm a little stiff at first, but then I lean against him. Thomas looks at both of us with a smirk on his face. "Has Thomas told you something?" I ask Newt while looking at Thomas with a death glare. Again. "Only something I've wanted to hear for a long time, love." Newt says and smiles at me. "W-what..? so you..?" I start saying but I can't form words. I know I look like a tomato.
"Can I kiss you?" he asks. I think my heart skips a beat. I can't say a word so I just nodd. He leans in and kisses me passionately.
After a moment, we hear cheering and clapping. We break the kiss and look around us only to see almost every glader gathered around us. "(Y/n) has found herself her glader guy!" Someone keeps cheering. "Newt! Newt! Newt!" Others shout. I can't do anything but smile and blush. I take a look at Thomas. "You're welcome." He whispers and winks. I nodd at him and smile. Then I turn back to Newt. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. "Of course, yes!" I say happily. He puts a part of my hair behind my ear.
"This doesn't mean that you two can be any lazier when it comes to your jobs!" Alby points out while walking towards us.
"Of course not." Newt tells him and Alby nodds.
So this turned out good after all I think myself and smile.