тape recorder (carson)

Start from the beginning

More silence.

I mean, it can't just end here! It can't just end with out fucking generation, who just played dumb video games and made stupid videos on the internet? 

He sounds angry. At himself.

Why didn't we do more? Why didn't I do more? I could've made such an impa-

Hey guys. The tape ran out last time, so i'm sorry it was short.

It's been a few days.

Today is January 16th.

He chokes, takes a deep breath and sighs.

Ted's Birthday. God I miss him.

I miss all my friends.

I'm pretty sure their all dead. If they aren't, I still wouldn't know. The internet went off a while ago.

Ted. 

He tries to hide his sadness.

Let me tell you about Ted, maybe it'll make me feel better.

He was the definition of extrovert. He was loud, and he had this strange obsession with milk. He used to dress up as the milk man. He was also in an acapella group! Yeah, he was one of the best singers in my friend group, along with Wilbur.

His voice has perked up a little.

Wilbur, my man! He was British, and always attracted all the stans and girls. He made some pretty good songs, some of them were real funny, almost as funny as my jokes. He had this minecraft server after SMPLive closed, SMPEarth. 

By now his voice was upbeat, but it soon became sad again.

I never got the chance to play on it.

And along with Wilbur there was Schlatt! The business boy himself, the parkour prince, the PVP god! He was the stereotypical New Yorker, and was constently doing a bit. He did get uncomfortable with the stans for a while, but he was always cool you know?

He sounded unnaturally happy, extremely fake.

There's also my roommates I told you about, plus the rest of Lunch Club, and so many others...

They're all gone.

Today is January 18th.

He stopped trying to mask his sadness.

I can't take it anymore. I wish this was over. I wish I hadn't survived this stupid epidemic.

It should've been Travis. He would've stayed positive, he wouldn't have broken down like me. 

A sob escapes his mouth.

But he just had to be the first to go didn't he? 

It is apparent that he is crying.

He was the youngest of the 4 of us. He shouldn't have died. He didn't deserve this.

He is now full on wailing.

And Noah, he was so much more mature, so much more practical. He wouldn't have ended up crying like a baby like me. He would've survived. 

He should've...

And Cooper.

His voice is soft, almost a whisper.

He almost made it. 

A few seconds pass.

Then he started dying too. 

I watched. I just watched. I let him do it. Why did I let him?

He starts shouting.

He cut his own life support.

I was worthless. I did nothing. 

Silence again, his next words are muttered under his breath.

I don't deserve to be alive.

There were no more tapes.

I'm sorry for the angst guys. Even I was on the brink of tears while writing this.

I wanted to expand my writing, I hope you like it :)

- cooper