Nineteen

His hand was over her head as he was chanting and she felt herself being almost ripped apart and she screamed. She tried to tell herself it wasn't happening but the pain was all too unbearable and she felt something inside her struggle. The baby. She thought to herself and tried to fight back mentally and physically but her body was not moving or cooperating.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks and pain like no other filled her again and again as if she was being torn in all directions. She needed to not save only herself, but the baby. Even if it's father didn't want to be in the picture, she would love it no matter what. Screaming, she glared at the people that were hurting her and wished something would happen so that she could run free and try to teleport herself away from them.

She wanted them gone for just a minute so she could think past the blinding headache that threatened to rip through her skull. She was hurting so much she couldn't think and she saw black circles again as the hand on her neck tightened and he was starting to cut off the air from her system. She pleaded for something to make everything stop but she knew no one would be coming to save her or her baby. She hated that she was so weak and that all her life she had been so sheltered. Not even her parents thought that she was capable, always having to feel like the way needed to protect her and now that she was some magical being, she couldn't save herself or her unborn baby.

Raw anger that was like a vise had squeezed her and she glared through the tears and this dangerous stranger and his accomplices as they seem to be in joy and she wanted so much to scratch the smug look off their faces. But no matter how hard she willed it, it wouldn't happen. Her vision started to go black and she tried to gasp for agonizing air that would not push past her breaking windpipes. No, no, no, nononono. She would not die a coward. She would not die without a fight.

The muscled and immensely veined bicep that was outstretched to her, she wanted it gone. She needed him, them, away from her and as she thought it, a glowing resonated around his arm like a bracelet and spun and quickly tightened as it closed around his arm, slicing his arm clean from its bicep. He shouted as blood splurged from where his arm used to be and caught on her face. He was yelling as she fell to the ground, her legs and arms uselessly flailing under her. "Get her before she teleports!" The Dark Warlock shouted as Petunia coughed and tried to get air back into her lungs. As the man cried and he tried to get his own bearing, hatred and angered marred his face as they made for her and she thought again that they needed to be away from her.

Glowing emanated beneath the men's feet as they took steps towards her and opened up right under them. Next thing she could register the men were falling as if they had just taken a step into a trap and they disappeared into the glowing circle and it got smaller right after them until it was there no more. The men had disappeared as well and she heard crashing from afar and yelling as it seems something, or someone had fallen. A familiar voice shouted, "Get that bitch! She's worth more." Came a shout from a distance and Petunia didn't want to find out if it was them or if they had disappeared. She needed to get out of there ASAP while she still had a chance.

She thought of home, in her bed and with her parents sheltering her. She thought of wanting to be in a safe haven as she figured out how to protect her baby and what to do.

Petunia felt the familiar rushing and lightness as everything around her shifted and she welcomed it. Her body felt so light and airy as she moved among the planes and then she felt heavy once more. She fell and as much as she wanted to catch herself this time, she fell and landed on a cushion right before she bounced right off and hit the hard floor. Her head had bounced right off and though she couldn't move, she was glad to see that she was in her own bed. She was safe. She thought as voices could be heard from downstairs and she wondered if the blood loss was getting to her now as she became so tired and her eyes were starting to become heavy.

There was a rush of footfalls before she could register her bedroom door opening and seeing her mother's worried face and her father's hardened one. She could see the tears and pain as her mouth said something but Petunia could no longer understand as she blinked at them. Her eyes rolled back into her head and she welcomed the peace and let a calm overtake her.

***
Petunia fell in and out and she recalled hearing voices often. She wondered if her parents had called a Witch Doctor of some sort as she saw an older woman standing over her body and putting her hand over her head and eyes. "Shhh little one." She whispered and Petunia fell in and out.

"Wait." She said breathlessly and in a daze. She could hear something her parents were saying but she couldn't think about it at the time. "I'll do what I can't to help you child, but you need to rest." The woman said, her brown eyes old with age as if she had seen many things.

"No wait, the baby." Petunia said between dry lips and a spinning room. "Please, is the baby ok." Petunia said as she felt so tired. Her gaze became hazy and she felt so warm. "Don't hurt it." She said again and fell back into a slumber.

***
Judie stared at her husband in confusion and they looked at the Healer. "What did she just-" she said and the woman placed a hand on Petunia's lower abdomen. She felt a very healthy pounding and closed her eyes as she tried to pry deep into her. There was two heartbeats coming from Petunia and it included hers as well as another source. "She's pregnant." The older woman said as she looked at them and Judie shook her head, looking at the person that was her daughter. "This changes things, I can't do advanced healing without damaging the baby. I can give healing aids but most of it she'll have to overcome on her own and with time." The older woman said as she felt for Petunia's wounds.

"She's gone through much with torn tendons, a broken rib, bruised neck, and countless cuts." The healer said as she shook her head in compassion. This had Judie crying hard as she asked the question more to herself than to anyone. "Who would do this?"

Adam grabbed hold of his wife and tried to silence the hurt and anger inside of himself but he wanted to hurt the assailant bad but he needed to be the one to keep his composure as his baby girl lied defenseless and broken on the bed. There had been blood and it had looked like a murder scene. And with mention that there was a baby, he couldn't wrap his head around it. First thoughts went to Uriah and he felt a sort of anguish and blame as to why her mate was not there to protect her but deep down he knew the answer and he couldn't fault the Shifter. He might be as clueless as they all were.