2

Chapter 1: Space and Time

Point of View - Onyx "Noble Six" Rose

I was on my last stand. The rest of NOBLE Team was dead, save for Jun, who deserted us. 3 full days on Reach killing Covenant goons non-stop. No food, water, or energy left; I was bound to fall sooner or later. My end looked like it would be at the hands of a Sangheili - a respectful one, at that.

"You have fought valiantly, Demon. I am honored to have met you on the field of battle, as are my brothers. You will die as you have lived, but you will not be forgotten."

Suddenly, a white, portal-like object appeared above the field. All of the Split-Lips were stunned, looking straight into the black void. I needed a distraction. Kicking the Ultra in the chest, it let go of me, and I jumped in.
_________________________________________

Point of View - [Error] "Doom Slayer" [Error]

I was ripping and tearing my way through hell, as normal. I was searching for a teleporter back to the UAC Mars base, so I could eliminate the infestation there. I saw two Barons of Hell fight one another, while a third one cleaned up the other minor demons to me. 'I'll let them make my job easier,' I thought to myself. When the job was done, and the final Baron was standing, I jumped into view from my concealment. He launched many fire balls at me, but he was no match for my faster movements, or my arsenal. After he was cleaned up, I watched as a white portal opened in the air. The white boundary of the black was so... pure. I jumped in out of reflex... was this my way back?
_________________________________________

Point of View - Logan "Silver" [Error]

I should have known that Umeni-Zulu were stationed here. They're practically Blume's private security at this point. I took out a suppressed tranq rifle, and took aim. I fired individual darts at all the guards, knocking them out cold. Infiltrating, I silently and non-lethally dispatched the Umeni goons as I made my way in to plant a program that restores my access to the ctOS, if it somehow is plugged or disabled. I reached the top and saw...

'Military drones? No, this can't be right; there's no way they'd use MQ-27s outfitted with A.I. to protect their servers... this tech is too valuable.'

Drones are prone to misfires, so I couldn't use my Wide-Area Misdirect core to mess with them. I also didn't want to set off an electro-static discharge, as it could disable the servers as well. Taking out my stun rifle, I thought about it.

'Miniature electrically-charged pieces of electric sent into the cheap cases of these specific drones... this could work.'

Taking aim at one that wasn't looking, I thought again.

'That's right; I could remotely pilot one!'

Lowering my rifle, I reached out to it with my cybernetic arm. Successfully hacking it, I leaned back in to cover, and took aim from the drone's MG. One, Two, Three crashed drones.

'Cheap Blume plastic cases. Get fucked!'

Landing the drone somewhere on the bottom floor, I went into the Hot Aisle. Pulling a Marcus, as it was called in the DedSec community, I plugged in and got to work. An hour later, when I was outside, I walked towards my Humvee. A white-bordered portal opened in the sky, not too far from the ground.

'Ugh, what is it this time?!'

Using  my humvee as a platform, I ran towards it and jumped up, reaching it with my micro-thrusters.
_________________________________________

Point of View - All three, simultaneously

What I saw in front of me will haunt me for the rest of my life time.