Chapter 8: Trouble

Depuis le début

She didn't know what to say. As bad as Peter had been, he never laid his hands on her. She couldn't even begin to understand what Isaac's childhood with a father like that was. So she chose to distract him.

"So what's going on with you and Malia?" It had been a day since their visit to Eichen and since then it had been obvious that he was upset about something.

He pursed his lips, "I like her." He confessed and saw that she didn't look surprised. "You knew?"

"You two spend a lot of time together. It was bound to happen." She said with a shrug. "So how did you figure out you like her?"

"That night you guys went to Eichen and Theo gave us a ride. I didn't like the way he looked at her when he was teaching her to drive." He muttered.

"You were jealous of Theo." She realized, a teasing smile on her face.

He pouted, "I was not. Not of him." He just didn't trust the guy.

"Yes, you were." She grinned. "I'm happy for you Isaac."

His cheeks flushed as he avoided her gaze. "Just because I like her doesn't me she likes me back."

She sighed, "Oh, you poor fool." She muttered, shaking her head as she walked around to grab her bag.

He blinked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means your oblivious." She called out.

He frowned, not getting what she meant. He grabbed his own bag and followed after her, continuing to ask her what she meant.

.
▷▷▷
.

"My mom's book club usually has more wine

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said idly as they all were gathered in the McCall living room. And by they meant, Lydia, Scott, Isaac, Stiles, Theo, Kira, Imogen, Malia, and Allison.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles said.

"That's why Malia and Isaac are here." Scott said glancing at the two who already experienced their own memories.

Kira looked at the copies on the coffee table. "So none of us go running into traffic?"

"Or worse." Malia said, getting all their attention. "Like what happened to Judy. Chapter 14."

Lydia picked up a copy, "Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"Yeah, if it works."

"It has to." She muttered.

Stiles frowned, "What's that mean?"

"I think I saw them during my surgery." She told them, stunning everyone. "When I look at the cover of the book... It's almost like..."