"Er, yeah," Hyunjin said. "Sorry. I take pictures of people we don't know sometimes."

"It's illegal," Seungmin said, "but how the hell are the pigs gonna catch up with us anyway?"

"Seungmin, no, Minho's dad is a cop," said Chan.

"I don't mind," Minho said. "God, I look like I'm having a stroke."

"I assumed you were," said Jeongin.

"Here's one of Jisung when he got back in the car." Hyunjin tapped the next picture. "Isn't he adorable? He looks like he wants to die."

"Why are we showing him boring pictures?" Felix said. "Hyunjin, find November, sixty-three."

"The thing with Kennedy? I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that."

"Dude, no, the Grand Canyon."

"Oh!" Hyunjin darted into the pile and came back with an identical black book. He opened it and held it out to Minho. "See that blip in the sky? That's Seungmin."

Minho blinked. "You jumped over the Grand Canyon?"

"Less 'jumped' and more 'was thrown,'" said Seungmin. "They wanted to throw the smallest, but Jisung and Changbin were too chicken, so I was next in line."

"Why were you throwing each other over a canyon?"

"For sport. When you're immortal, you see things like the Grand Canyon and the Great Wall, and just 'looking at them' isn't good enough."

"You jumped over the Great Wall, too?"

"No, weirdo, we raced across it," Hyunjin said.

"Show him Rio," Jeongin suggested.

"Good one, angel." Hyunjin disappeared again. One of the stacks of books trembled, and then he was back, a book from '73 in his hands. "This was from Rio de Janeiro. You ever been?"

"No," Minho said on a laugh. "I don't even have a passport."

"Neither do we." Felix popped an eyebrow.

"When you think of Rio," Hyunjin said, "what do you think is the coolest thing about it?"

"Um." Minho shrugged. "The carnivals?"

"Wrong." Hyunjin shook his head sadly. "The coolest thing in Rio is Jeongin's impression of the Redeemer."

"Oh oh, Jeongin, do it!" Felix clapped his hands.

Jeongin spread his arms and stood completely still.

"Oh, my God," said Chan, "he's so good."

Jeongin smiled, accepting high-fives and pats on the back. Minho gave him a thumbs-up.

Hyunjin opened the book to Minho again, pointed at a picture of Chan on the Selaron Steps, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and fanny pack. He slid his finger down to one of Seungmin floating in the ocean, bright blue water stretching out for miles around him. The next was of Felix and Haseong, sitting at the peak of the Pedra da Gávea, shining in the sunlight.

"These are beautiful," Minho said. "You had a dog?"

There was one picture of Jeongin walking Brush through the rainforest. All I remembered from that day was a boa constrictor trying to eat the goddamn dog, and Chan strangling the life out of it. I must have blocked everything else out.

"Oh, that's our old corgi, Br—"

"Let's not talk about it," Felix interrupted. "Here's one of Hyunjin making a funny face, ooh, ha ha."