Kitten (Lunchino x Reader)

- Requested by @_Koo_Koo -
-this was somewhat challenging...Sorry if he seems ooc-

-Reader's POV-
I watch as the sun rises yet again. A new hunter was supposed to arrive today, along with a new outfit of mine. There was a knock on my door. I get up from my desk and answer the door. It was Demi. I quite like Demi, she was like an older sister to me.

"Good morning, Y/N. Here's your outfit. Breakfast will be served soon," Demi says, handing me the box.

"Good morning, Demi. Thank you. Could you let Emily know I'll be a little late?" I respond.

She nods and gently closes the door. I turn around and place the box on the bed. Opening it, I notice some ears. "You're kidding me," I mutter. I pull the outfit out of the box and lay it on the bed next to it. I stare down at it. There was a pleated skirt, tights, a blouse, and a blazer...along with cat ears and a tail. "They couldn't have given me something a bit nicer? Or warmer? At least something that isn't animal related?" I question. My thought process was soon interrupted by a large noise

           Leaving the outfit on the bed, I take my usual clothes and put it on. I head downstairs, preparing myself for the chaos.

"Good morning Y/N, there are pancakes in the kitchen so help yourself," Emily says, holding down Naib with a syringe in her free hand.

"Good morning. Thank you. Oh, and good luck," I laugh. She thanks me as I leave to get some pancakes.

As I enter the kitchen, I see the golden round delicacies sitting on a plate. It was all I could do to prevent myself from drooling. I grab an extra plate and some maple syrup.

          I take my plate to the dining room and start chowing down.

           "Y/N, you have a match today, right?" Freddy suddenly asks me as he pops out of nowhere.

           After a moment of chewing and silence, I finally respond. "Yeah, why?"

           "I heard that the new hunter's going to be there so be careful."

           "Oh, thank you. I'll keep that in mind."

           With that he leaves and I resume my nomming.

           Sitting in the waiting area, my anxiety starts to rise. Not only from the new hunter, but also because of the new outfit. When I was about to leave, Demi had shown up demanding that I wear the new outfit. So here I was, in this  cat outfit.

           And suddenly, I was in a match. Just as usual, I head to the nearest cipher. I kept my eye out for the hunter, fearing that, like Joseph, he would suddenly appear out of thin air.

           As time passes on, and the more ciphers completed, I grow more and more anxious. Just as I was about to run to a nearby gate, I get picked up off of the ground. I squeeze my eyes shut. I wasn't paying attention. "Why am I so careless?"

           "I've never seen a cat human before," I hear a slither.

           I take a peek. "I-it's a reptile?"

"So, who are you?

"I-I'm Y/N."

"You're an awfully cute kitten. I wonder what your genetic makeup is," he mutters the last part. I feel myself blush. FROM EMBARRASSMENT! Not because of being called cute.

"This is only a costume! Plus, don't you think a reptile is weirder or at least more interesting?"

"You're right. Now, what do you think about being a part of one of my experiments?"

"I don't even know who you are! No!"

He stares at me in disbelief. I take this time to wiggle out of his grasp...and face plant into the ground. It was at this moment that I realize how tall he was. He must be a good seven feet, but what do I know? Me and my lower than average height.

He gave me a look of disappointment. It was making me feel bad. Ugh. "Tell you what. After I get to know you, I'll consider it." His face lights up. I'll admit it, it was quite cute.

"Really!? You'll do that for me?!" he grasps my hands.

I nod in response. "Now, could you tell me your name?"

"Oh! It's Lunchino, reptilian scientist."

I stick my hand out to shake his. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I believe my teammates are waiting for me, so I will be going now."

"It was nice meeting you too. Goodbye kitten!" He shakes my hand.

It's been a couple months from when I first met Lunchino. We had become quite close to the point where I would make regular visits to the hunter side. Demi would warm me every time, "Be careful okay? You never know what they might do to you."

I was sitting on his bed, reading through his notes. This was interrupted with him bursting into the room. What is with people and interrupting me?

"Y/N, I've had a revolution!" He says, overjoyed.

"Oh? What is it?"

He pulls out a bouquet of flowers, "That you, are the most precious person to me. And I would be so incredibly happy, if you were to date me."

I blink a few times before smiling. "Yes!"