My Muse (Joker: Netherwalker) x Reader

-Requested by @Siniora-Chan-

-This was a fun one to write-

-Reader's POV-

           Wandering around the gray streets, I try to find a somewhat cozy place for the night. By somewhat cozy, I mean a secluded place away from prying eyes. The inns looked so warm and inviting, if you were a patron. I take a peek inside. Everyone looked so close. There was a smile on everyone's face as some danced and others singed. I notice in my reflection that I was smiling. It was a small smile but still. I am reminded of reality as a shiver crawls up my spine. The cold was starting to get to me. I take a glance at the happy people inside once more before walking away.

           I don't know how my life ended up like this. My childhood was quite cheerful. A happy, loving family, a few close friends and most of all, a place to call home. On Saturdays we went to the park and had a picnic. Father would always try to snatch an extra pastry, only to be smacked by Mother. Norton, my older brother, would spend time teaching me weird tricks with magnets. On weekdays, I would stay home with Mother, learning to dance and sew. That ended a couple years ago when a murder/robbery occurred, killing Father, Mother, and Norton. The killer escaped with my parents wealth, and the case was closed.

           After their passing, other members of my family were given custody over me. I was passed around more times than a soccer ball in a very difficult game and stopped trying to memorize who they were. I had grown tired of constantly being rejected so I ran away. They clearly didn't care, for there were no missing posters of me anywhere. I am thankful for that though. If there were posters then I probably couldn't have escaped that life so easily.

           Turning a corner, I head onto White Sand Street. People tended to avoid the area due to the asylum at the end of the road. As I make sure that there isn't anyone around, I climb up a sturdy pipe on the side of a random building.

           I had made the mistake of staying near a somewhat populated street a while back.  Someone had called the police, and I ended up in a police chase. I was still on the radar for a couple weeks before they gave up.

           Not wanting to experience that again, I stay on the rooftops, out of sight. I take a glance towards the asylum. I always wondered what was in there. I had fought off my curiosity for a while, but this time, I might just give in.

           Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, getting closer and closer to the asylum, I couldn't help but feel an ominous essence. I hop over the fence, and walk up the stone path. Pushing open the heavy wooden doors, I take a step inside. It was mostly rundown, some of the floor on the second floor had been destroyed. I decide to explore a bit more, and begin to wander upstairs. Suddenly the steps beneath me had decided that it was too weak to support my weight after many years of decay. I fall through and end up injuring my ankle. Not wanting to injure myself further, I decide to head out. As I attempt to leave the building, I hear a small rumble as I continue to stagger out. Looking up to the source of the noise, I widen my eyes. The floor was about to collapse. I wasn't going to be able to move out of the way in time, and end up curling into a small ball.

           Although I had been expecting a pile of debris to fall on me, it never came. Taking a peek upwards, I notice that a rather mysterious man, at least I think it was, had caught and moved the debris aside.

           He had black flaming hair, a golden mask, and a rather expensive looking coat. He flashes me a grin.

           "Oh...um...t-thank you," I end up stuttering. He simply grins back. "I'll...um...be going now," I mutter, and attempt to leave before tripping over myself.