A Common Cold (Aesop x Reader)

-Hmm, this one might get a hunter version.-

-Reader's POV-

"aaAAA-CHOO," a loud sneeze, followed by a quiet sniffle filled the room. "Ugh," I groan. After spending far too much time in Leo's Memory, I got sick...with a cold."ACHOO!". I lazily roll over, grabbing one of the remaining clean tissues left. I had been sick for about a day or two, unable to leave my room the entire time. Looking at the state of my room, it might've been obvious. Used tissues covered every inch of the floor, I had barely touched the food that I believe Emma brought me, and my bed was a mess with the blanket wrapped tightly around me. I probably looked even worse.

I slide the clipboard off of my side table, scanning it. "Everyone should be out in a match around now. Maybe I can go get food," I ponder. A growl soon disrupted my thinking, "Yeah, maybe I should...". I roll off of the bed and stand up. Attempting to avoid all the tissues, I meander to the door. "This takes far too much effort.".

The clattering of the pots and pans as I try to slide one out wasn't helping my pounding headache. "I just want something easy to eat," I whine, to myself of course. I search the cabinets for a can of soup. Luckily, there was one...hiding on the top shelf. "WHY THE HECK IS THE SOUP UP THERE!". I scamper off to the dining room and grab a chair. I set it down and climb onto it to grab the can of soup, grumbling the whole time. Opening the can, I dump the contents into the pot I had pulled out. After turning the hob on, I try to find a bowl. Thankfully, it wasn't on a high shelf. I put the chair back and pour the soup into the bowl. I wash the pot and can before grabbing a spoon and taking the bowl of soup to my room. I sigh, collapsing onto the chair after placing my meal onto the desk. I sigh staring out the window. The moment of peace was soon interrupted by a coughing frenzy. "I HATE THIS!!"

-Aesop's POV-

"That was a hard match, we won thanks to you Aesop," Tracy exclaims, "If it weren't for your embalming we surely would've lost!"

"...thanks, you did great too," I mumble.

"Yo, Aesop! Emily says that she could use a little help in the infirmary," William states.

"Uh, okay." Just as I was about to leave I hear Emma's concerned voice.

"Guys? Have any of you seen Y/N around lately?" Emma asks.

"Hmm, now that I think about it, no. I wonder what's up with her?" William responds.

I didn't stay to hear the rest of their conversation. Pushing open the infirmary door, "You needed help?" I ask Emily.

"Yes, actually. Norton over there could use a couple stitches. I would do it myself, but there are other injuries I must attend to," she calmly states.

I nod in response and grab a needle. The wound was fairly clean so there wasn't too much for me to do. I quickly stitch it up and leave. I head to the residential quarters and knock on Y/N's door.

"Yes?" I hear a croak.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

Silence...and the door suddenly creaks open. Y/N peaks her head through the small opening. "You might not want to," she mumbles.

"It's alright. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little sick." She moves out of the way, letting me in. I take a seat on the chair as she crawls into the bed. "I'll be fine," she smiles. I was partially convinced, until she started coughing.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." She starts sneezing, reaching for a tissue.

"You should've let someone know," I brush some of her hair out of her face. "I'll be right back." I leave the room to fetch a cold towel. When I got back, she had fallen asleep. I lay the towel on her forehead, and take a seat.

-Reader's POV-

I was half awake when I rolled over, only for a damp towel to slide onto my pillow. "Wait...a towel?"I question. I sit up, towel in hand, and look over to my desk. Aesop was sitting there, lying on what I presume to be his diary. "Did he stay here all night?". I put the towel down and get one of the smaller blankets from under my bed. I put the blanket on his shoulders. "Thank you," I whisper gently into his ear before leaving the room as quietly as possible, not wanting to disturb his sleep.

I head downstairs, feeling a bit better than yesterday. "Morning," I greet Emily, who was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Oh, good morning Y/N, are you feeling better?" she replies.

"A little. Um, how did you know I was sick?"

"Aesop was going around, getting a few things I would use when someone's sick. It was quite interesting to watch, he'd never do that for anyone else," she says, handing me some medicine.

"Oh, thank you," I grin, feeling overwhelmed with happiness. I pop the pill into my mouth and wash it down with some water. She then hands me a plate of pancakes. I quickly eat them, only to be given another plate.

"Can you take those up to Aesop?"

I nod and head back to my room, setting the plate of pancakes next to him. Flopping back down onto my bed, book in hand. It hadn't been long when I hear a quiet rustle. I watch him stir, gradually waking up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I say, closing my book.

"Mmmm, morning," he mumbles.

"Emily made pancakes. I left a plate next to you."

He glances at the said plate and nods, taking off his mask.

A few days had passed and I had finally gotten rid of my cold. Aesop was nursing me back to health during that time. "He should be back from his match soon..." I guess. I hear the swinging of the front door. I peak my head out from the living room and see Aesop walking in. As quietly as I could, I sneak up behind him, following him up the stairs. He stops at my door, and knocks. No response...for obvious reasons. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle as I tap his shoulder. "Hey.".

           He jumps slightly, "oh, um, hi. Are you feeling better?"
I
           "Yes, thanks to you," I smile as I engulf him in a hug. He tenses up but he gradually eases into it. I could feel his arms tightly wrap around me. "Thank you," I mumble before pulling back and disappearing into my room.