Love and Family Problems

So… Who wants to read first?" America asked, holding up the book after the Nordic family had finished .

"I'll read, Да?" Russia stated with a big grin, as he snatched the book from Alfred's hand.

Russia sat back down in his seat, and opened the book.

"Ah, they're rather short~" Russia stated.

"This one is only one sentence."

He cleared his throat, enjoying the nervousness of the nations around him.

"It reads this,"

 Dear Diary,

How does one know that they are not being forgotten?

–Romano

All eyes snapped to Romano, who was trying to sink down underneath the table. His face was redder than any of Spain's tomatoes.

"Roma?" Spain asked in worry.

"Do you really feel that way?"

"Ve~ Fratello! I'd never forget you!" Italy cried out, flustered and obviously bothered that his brother would think so little of him.

"CHIGI! I know, it's just… I don't feel needed, okay?! Why the fuck are there two personifications for one damned nation?! I feel… FUCK! I don't know… Just drop it, okay?! Fucking bastards…"

England awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Perhaps we should move on to the next entry?"

Russia looked down and read out the next entry.

"This one is Italy's."

At the mention of his name, Italy paled drastically.

There were things in his diary that he never wanted anyone to know—not even Romano.

Dear Diary,

I wish I wasn't so clumsy. Then maybe Germany and Japan would find me more suitable for friendship. If I wasn't as clumsy then maybe I wouldn't be afraid of them not liking me anymore as well.

–Italy.

Now all eyes turned to an equally red Italy.

"Italy?" Germany asked, shocked.

"Do you really think that I'd stop being friends with you? Over something like that?"

"Or me, Itary-kun?"

Italy didn't answer.

All of his attention was on the suddenly interesting pattern of the floor. Germany lifted Italy's chin so that they were staring each other in the eye.

"Italy. I will never stop being your friend, Ja?"

"P-promise? Pinky-swear?" Italy asked, holding up a shaking hand.

"Ja." Germany's strong pinky wrapped around Italy's shaky one, steadying it.

"I promise"

"As do I, Itary-kun." Japan stated, taking Italy's other pinky in his own.

It was quite a touching moment.

"Grazie." Italy said simply, a small smile of relief on his lips.

"Okay~ Next entry~" Russia stated much too happily.

. "This one's South Korea's~" Said nation paled and shrunk into his seat.

"Dear Diary, I want to help him so bad. But how can you fix what 4,000 years of suffering has broken?"