Chapter 4: 'That feeling'

Depuis le début

"Madi. It's nothing like that and you know it. Even I tell her everything happening in my life, from the smallest to the biggest things and she has never done anything that would make me regret telling her anything..." I paused with a sigh.

"You are just being unnecessarily too harsh now" I continued.

"Yeah you heard that, right? She said it again, what she told this morning in the cafeteria...the very thing that hurt me and made me upset" Bethany said in disbelief as I just stood there, looking at them back and forth as they argued over what I believe is a really silly thing.

"Okay enough. Stop it guys..." I said at the top of my voice, interrupting their argument.

"Why are we even fighting over a guy" I added.

"It's not just about a guy Cyn...it's just about..." Madison trailed off as she couldn't really decide why they were even arguing...I guess.

"It is about the guy" I said with a slight nod. 

"Yeah maybe it is" She replied tiredly.

"But from my side it's about the fact that she doesn't trusts me...like at all" Bethany said and I have to admit that did sound a bit dramatic.

"It's not that she doesn't trusts you Beth...we just never told you because..." I trailed off realising that it was actually Madison herself who asked me not to tell anybody, including Bethany.

"Because..." She asked with an eyebrow raised, hands folded and emphasizing on the word 'because' as I just shrugged not knowing what to say because telling her that Madison asked me not to tell anybody, including her, will only prove her point right that Madison doesn't trusts her.

Which by the way, is not true at all but it'll prove her point right anyway.

"Because I asked her not to tell all this to anybody and that included you too" Madison said as she sat on the edge of my bed as Bethany gave me a look which probably said that 'See I was right after all'.

"But not because I didn't trust you..." Madison paused.

"But because I was embarrassed..." She trailed off with a sigh.

"Embarrassed that a guy rejected me and this morning when you said that Luke is with somebody else I just felt hurt and that embarrassment which I felt when I got rejected by him, came back...I felt it all over again..." She paused yet again before looking up at us.

"And I guess that was the reason why I was so mean to you this morning...just to mask up my hurt, embarrassment...jealousy and what not...I'm sorry Beth, for my unreasonable rudeness towards you" She continued.

"I just took all the anger that I had for Luke, out on you" She added.

"Oh Madi..." Bethany murmured before sitting beside her.

"I'm sorry too. Only if I knew that it would hurt you so much I would have never brought his topic up" She added with a sigh.

"Well maybe the stereotype is correct after all, that girls should never make the first move" Madison said almost as if talking to herself.

"Well...that's just pure nonsense. I wonder who even makes such stupid rules" I replied before sitting beside her.

"Yeah as if you'll make the first move if you ever like some guy" Bethany said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Why not" I replied frowning.

"I'll surely make the first move if he doesn't" I added.

What makes her think that I can't?