chapter 6

A man stands in front of a full-length diamond-encrusted gold mirror in the darkness of a large chamber. Maroon silk curtains cover the tall mosaic windows, blocking the sunlight from entering the room. A large bed leans against the back wall covered in crisp silk sheets and heavenly plush velvet pillows. The headboard frame made of gold and softly cushioned. Various expensive paintings from renowned artists decorate the maroon walls and a diamond chandelier hangs from the center of the ceiling. A large polished dark oak desk with gold engravings stands at one corner of the large room and a large red velvet armchair sits behind it. Many quills and papers lie on the desk. A walk-in closet containing various expensive suits and other pieces of clothing stands next to the mirror.

Joseph adjusts the black top hat he's wearing and fixes his black silk tie. He is suited in a royal purple velvet suit with gold embroidery and black slacks. His feet are covered with pointed black dress shoes and he holds his wolf cane in his right hand. Satisfied with his look, Joseph makes his way towards the entrance of the moonlight manor.

Walking out of the large double doors, he could see the Bloody Queen sitting inside their carriage. She is dressed in her normal blood red and black gown, gold crown sitting elegantly on her head as she stares out the window through her tear-stained mask in boredom. A shining glass shard rests in her hand, sharp edges glinting from the small bit of light that enters the carriage. Leo sits at the coach waiting for further instructions.

Joseph climbs inside the carriage and takes a seat next to the Bloody Queen. Leo closes the door behind him and proceeds to the coach. He whips the two stallions and the white carriage speeds off in the direction of the town. Joseph stares out the window through his silver mask. He has scheduled for the nobles to meet at the market, it'll be their first market event. Before this none of the nobles bothered to visit the market event, though he has heard much about it. The pristine white brick roads covered in confetti, colorful flags hung over the streets to the various gold decorations that litter the street and maginificent stalls. He's heard about it all, but nothing ever catches his attention. Just a bunch of peasants in half-descent attires selling rubbish, what is there to be interested in? But now a certain omega is to make his appearance in the event, how can he not come?

Joseph wonders where his little bird will be setting up. Will it be in the front, where everyone will pass by? Will it be in the far corner where most of the prestigious customers tend to venture to? Or will it be at the center where his little stall would be the center of attention? And what little trinkets and treasures will he be selling? Joseph has no doubt they are the best of the best, after all his little Aesop is the most talented omega there is. Joseph can't wait to finally see his cute little omega.

The screeching of the carriage wheels interrupt his thoughts as Leo opens the carriage door for Joseph to step out. Joseph takes an step outside, the blinding sun making his eyes squint as he slowly starts to adjust to the brightness. He holds out his hand for his dear sister to take, the said noble taking it and elegantly stepping out of the carriage, her black and red gown ghosting over the white brick road. She brushes her bangs off her mask as she looks around the entrance of the market, the shard in her hand reflecting off the rays of the sun. She hums, pleased with the sight.

Joseph hears the carriages coming closer as they eventually come to a halt at the entrance of the bazaar. Six other masked men and woman step out of their carriages, elegant masks and luxurious suits and dresses easily outshining the rest of the market, peasant and elite alike. Each of them however have glinting weapons in their possessions, making them just a beautiful display to be admired from a distance.