Highschool Blues

Just to make things clear, I made this convenient little key for you to follow
(Y/n) ~ your first name
(Y/l) ~ your last name
(H/c) ~ hair color
(H/l) ~ hair length
(F/s) ~ favorite song
(HW/c) ~ Halloween costume
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
September 1, 2020

Beep beep BEEP
You sighed as you pressed the snooze button on your alarm clock.
Hmm, you thought to yourself.
It's only 5:30, I could manage to get five more minutes of sleep.
Turns out, that was the worst idea you could have ever imagined. You wound up waking up at 6:12, which gave you only 18 minutes to get ready for your first day of freshman year. You leapt up from your bed and tried your best to tame you (h/l), (h/c) hair. Once it looked presentable enough, you grabbed a tan sweater and blue jeans from your messy closet.

Once you ate your breakfast of (insert favorite breakfast food here), you walked down to your bus stop. You saw the usual posse of pretty, popular, and slightly annoying girls. They were all decked out with curled hair and beach sandals. Those things were in style now, but you didn't care and really digged your autumn vibes.

As soon as you climbed aboard the bright yellow school bus, you took out your phone and earbuds and listened to 90s music until you lost reception.

"Hey. Do you- uh- mind if I sit with you?" A voice from behind you said.
You were startled by the voice, since you were looking out the window and didn't see him (you could figure out it was a male voice) coming.
"Yeah, go ahead." You said looking up at him. You studied his facial features for a minute, taking in his deep brown eyes and tanned skin. He looked like he was your age, but was very tall, probably at least five foot ten.
"I'm Wirt by the way," he said to you.
"I'm (y/n)." You replied to him. "Are you new? I haven't seen you before." You asked Wirt.
"Oh. Yeah, I am new here." Wirt mumbled as he took a notepad and pen from his periwinkle backpack. "My mom and I moved into my stepdad and half brother's house back in June."

"Oh okay then. Where did you live before?" You asked Wirt. Maybe he was from LA, or New York City! You had never met anyone from either place and was interested in learning about city life.
"We're from Delaware. It's not that interesting." Wirt said as he scribbled some words into the notebook. You both sat the rest of the way to school in silence, and when the bus made its way to a halt, you powered your phone off and stood up to get off the bus.
As you were about to exit your seat you noticed that Wirt had dropped his notebook onto the floor. With not much time to think, you scooped I'd up and prayed that you would see him again during the school day so that you could return it to him. As you walked up the path to your school, red and orange leaves scattered the pathway and were still falling. You breathed in the crisp air and walked into the double door of your high school.

Time skip Brought to you by Jason Funderberker
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
2:15 pm, September 1st, 2020

You still had Wirt's notebook clutched in your hand as you made your way to your poetry elective class. You were getting worried that you wouldn't see Wirt until the bus ride since you hadn't seen him all day, and were hoping to return it at lunch. When you entered the poetry classroom, you saw familiar looking brown hair facing you backwards in the front row. You walked over and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey (y/n)." Wirt greeted you. "You don't happen to have my notebook do you? I think I mistakenly left it on the bus." He asked, his eyes filling with gold shimmer from the florescent lighting.
"Oh, I actually have it right here," you Said as you handed him the little blue book.
"You didn't, like, read any of it did you?" Wirt asked you, facing away and causing his eyes to stop their shimmering.
"Don't worry, I would never!" You told him. If there was one thing that you had learned in life, it was to never read people's notebooks. You gently brushed at the scar your cousin had given you for reading her diary.
"Can I sit next to you?" You asked Wirt. He turned to you and half smiled.
"Yeah sure, I would love that. Wait no, well yeah I would like that. Ugh stop talking Wirt," he said as his confidence slowly depleted and his face turned red. You didn't mind how awkward he was though.
"It's fine Wirt. I know what you mean." You said. You reassuringly patted his shoulder and went on to learn your first lesson about haikus.