Lullaby in Frogland (part four)

You sat with the Woodsman, carefully sipping a pot of some sort of broth or gruel that he had cooked for you.
"So what were you going to tell me about the beast?"
The woodsman looked at you from across the table.
"I.. I don't know how to tell you this, child. But you are not safe here. The beast has been tormenting me since the day I first arrived in the unknown. You see, I was just like you at first. Scared, confused about why this place was so unusual. The beast used my confusion to his advantage, and captured my poor daughter." You noticed tears begin to swell up into the Woodsman's eyes.
"All I wanted to do was help you and your friends so that they don't have the same fate. But it seems as though you're the only one who isn't scared of me." A single tear gently trickled down the woodsman's pale cheek.

"Woodsman, I had no idea." You truly were at a loss for words. "I have to warn Wirt and Greg, but I have no clue where they are. I sort of got mad at Wirt and stormed off. It was immature on my part." You rambled.

The woodsman chuckled a bit. "A lover's quarrel, eh? My good friend Mr. Langtree's daughter had one of those recently, child. Don't worry, he'll come around." He smiled forlornly, looking off into the distance. He cleared his throat.
"Uhm, how about we both get some shuteye for the night? There's plenty of bedrooms for you to choose from here, child." The woodsman got up, motioning to the staircase on the other side of the room.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

You chose a bedroom that had a painting of a beautiful girl with fiery red hair on the wall. For some reason, the girl in the painting seemed familiar to you, as if you'd seen her aura before. You ignored the feeling, and slowly drifted off to sleep.