"No, I don't think so, sir. I'm Muggle-born, you see."

Draco leaned close to Theodore Nott and whispered something, followed by Nikolai making an offensive imitation, resulting in all three of them sniggering. 

"Give me that," Ellie said to Silas, pointing at his almost empty inkwell. 

Silas looked away from Professor Slughorn and gave Ellie a confused look. "What? Why?"

"Just give it to me, will you?"

Arching an eyebrow at Ellie, Silas slowly slid his inkwell towards her, looking from the inkwell to Ellie and then back again. Ellie stared back at Silas for a moment, before picking up the inkwell and quickly throwing it over at the table of Slytherins. She didn't really care at this point who it hit, but she was sure glad when it hit Nikolai up top of the head. 

"Ow!" he shrieked, flinching in his seat and rubbing the top of his head. His amber brown eyes squinted and scanned the classroom. 

Silas quickly hid his shock and put on a plain face and stared up at Professor Slughorn, who looked round at Nikolai. 

"Is something wrong, Mr...?"

Nikolai quickly recovered and fixed his posture, clearing his throat. "Orlov, sir. Nikolai Orlov. And no, sir, I'm fine."

He said his name so proudly that he clearly expected Slughorn to gasp and stammer before him. But instead, all Nikolai got from Slughorn was a quiet: "ah, yes. Very well." And then Slughorn turned back around and continued talking to the rest of the class. 

Nikolai leaned back lazily in his chair with a disgruntled look on his face, muttering things to the other boys. His eyes looked round the room again and he stopped at Ellie, staring at her pleased smirk, and he shot her a glare, quickly leaning forward to whisper to the other Slytherins who looked around at her. 

"That was golden, Ellie!" Silas whispered to her, beaming. "I'd pay to see that again!"

"It did feel good," Ellie admitted, snickering along with Silas. 

Ellie looked back at the Slytherins and once again, Draco was already looking her way.

"You really think I'm stupid and didn't know that it was you who did that, Ellie?"

Ellie and Silas stopped laughing in the corridor of the dungeons and spun around, coming face to face with Nikolai, Theodore and Blaise. Draco was lagging behind them, but he eventually caught up -- although he looked like he had somewhere else to be. 

"You really want me to answer that question, Dikolai?" Ellie spat, matching his glare. 

Nikolai's golden eyes twitched and his nostrils flared, both actions sucking out the beauty of his usual sharp and almost perfect features. His eyes used to remind Ellie of the sun and it's golden rays, but as of right now, in this moment, there was nothing sunny about them; they were dark and void of any life. 

Nikolai moved so quickly that Ellie didn't have enough time to react, other than to pull her wand out -- but Nikolai got there too quickly for her to threaten him with magic, that he shoved her, hard. 

"Back off!" Silas shouted. 

"Back off!" Nikolai mocked, putting emphasis on his body putting on a show reacting in fake fear. Theodore and Blaise sniggered loudly. Nikolai's eyes fell down to Ellie's hand. "I see you're too scared to do anything without magic, not that you're any good at it anyway. I can't see you doing anything good, other than what you're told. As a wife should. As a girl should."

Anger brewed in the pit of Ellie's stomach and she was sure it was showing on her face due to the humorous look on Nikolai's face. 

"You're an idiot if you think I'd marry you of all people," Ellie snarled, staring at him with a hard look. 

This sentence alone put an end to Nikolai's amusement and he looked fumed and ready to hit anything in his path. Ellie swallowed and gripped her wand harder. It was stupid of her not to expect it, but at the same time she did, but she was such a late reactor. 

Nikolai launched himself at her and she felt his fingers digging into her arms and she did the only thing she could do. Ellie's wand arm managed to wriggle out of his grip and it shot up, only she was thinking of so many spells at once since she was so panicked, that it seemed more than one shot out and hit Nikolai square in the face, resulting in the boy yelling and staggering back, gripping his face and eyes in pain. 

Theodore and Blaise tended to him quickly the same time Professor Slughorn came walking around the corner. The teacher quickly caught onto the commotion and moved as quickly as he could towards Nikolai, putting a hand on his back and asking what happened. 

"She -- she struck me, sir!" Nikolai cried out dramatically, groaning so loudly that it sounded put on. When Ellie caught onto Nikolai's face, his eyes were bloodshot red and his nose was bleeding heavily. She hadn't meant to do anything like that. She didn't even know what spell she used...or spells. "Elyssa Greer -- she did this!"

"Oh dear!" said Professor Slughorn, giving Ellie a double take. "You did this, Miss Greer?"

"Ellie," Silas whispered. "Let's run."

"Professor Dumbledore's office. All three of you."

"What?" Silas exclaimed. "I didn't do anything -- I've got to get to the library, sir!"

"Want to make that Professor McGonagall's office?"