S5 E15 - Girl Meets The End

Start from the beginning

"Peaches! You're here!" Riley hugs me as soon as she opens the front door of her parents' apartment and finds me.
"Glad to be back!" I pull away from our hug to be met with a group one. Matthews and his wife, Riley and Elliot, Josh and Auggie, mom and dad and even Chet and Bridget.
"Hey guys"
"Babygirl! You didn't warn us you'd come!" Mom says while kissing me all over my face.
"Yeah, I wanted to surprise you"
"Well..." Auggie shoves mom away to hug me.
"You definitely did. Did you bring anything for me?"
"Woah, it's good to see you too, buddy" I say sarcastically as I open my purse and pull out a black beret.
"There you go, it'll make you look cuter"
"I don't wanna look cute"
"Take it or leave it. I can assure you American girls will love it"
"Give me" I put it on his head and smile at how adorable he is.
"We missed you so much!"
"Oh, I've missed you so much, too. How are you Bridget?"
"Not yet, Maya"
"Seriously? Not even a single word?" I ask my mom in shock. She's almost four and hasn't said a single word. The doctors can't understand what's wrong with her. They tested her for everything, even autism, but nothing was positive.
"Not yet, Maya" She repeats again, a smile on her face. I can't understand why she's so chill about it.
"Guys, let's go to my room" Auggie suggests my siblings and brings them away.
"Maya, how are you, sweetie? I heard everything that happened to you and—"
"Don't worry, Topanga. I'm fine, now"
"What happened?" Elliot asks and I turn to everyone. Things got awkward between us so we haven't been in touch but I thought somebody would tell him.
"He doesn't know?"
"We didn't feel like it was our place"
"Maya...?"
"Long story short: I got accidentally pregnant, aborted and broke my engagement off"
"What?!"
"Bro, chill"
"Chill? How can I be chill?! Are you okay?" I pat his shoulder.
"Yeah, everything's fine now"
"Bay window?" Riley suggests and I nod. We have so much to catch on.
"Bay window"

That summer I caught up with everyone and everything, even Elliot. Our situation was weird at the beginning but by the end of summer we were back to being friends. But then he came by my place two months after I got back to Paris. His visit surprised me, to say the least. And then, the inevitable happened: we finally got back together.

I hear a knock on the door and put my paint brush down.
"J'arrive!" I announce and open the front door to find the one and only Elliot Matthews.
"You know, your French voice is just...woah"
"Elliot, what are you doing here? Come inside, it's raining outside"
"Thanks" He comes in and I find a towel to dry his face and hair.
"I came here to—mph!" His attempt of speaking is interrupted by me rubbing the towel on his face.
"Maya..." He stops me by grabbing my arm.
"I came here to ask you for another chance"
"Chance at what?"
"Chance at us" My mouth drops to the floor. How can this be possible?
"I love you, Maya, okay? I want a relationship with you. It doesn't matter if it's long-distance, I won't pressure you into coming to New York like James did, you know I would never do that to you"
"Elliot, I—I-" It doesn't take him much time to brush his lips against mine. I wanna fight at first but let go eventually. I missed this feeling, I miss him. Breaking up with him was the worst mistake I could've ever made. But are we ready for this type of commitment at this point of our lives? My thoughts are soon pushed aside when he slips his tongue in my mouth, dominating over mine. I slightly gasp and run my hands through this wet hair, pulling him closer to me until our kiss stops.
"I promise I won't let you down this time"

And he didn't, we've been together since then.
"Do you need anything?"
"Elliot, calm down, I'm fine"
"Okay, be careful though"
"What's the worst that can happen? I am sitting on the couch"
"Let my sister breathe, man"
"Thank you, Bridget" Yes, Bridget. Turns out she knew how to talk all along, she was just very, very, shy and refused to talk until she was six. The doctors called it "selective mutism". And now she can't shut up for a single moment, she turned into a very talkative person.
"No prob. Hey, have you seen Chet? We're playing hide and seek and I can't-"
"Boo!" My brother screams from behind her and scares her to death.
"Chet! Don't do that! Gosh!" They walk away from us to play another game. They might be fourteen but they're still pretty childish. I think it's because of the way Shawn and I grew up too quickly; dad wanted them to have a normal childhood unlike him and mom probably learned from the mistakes she did with me and applied the lessons she's learned with them, which is amazing, because they're the happiest children I've ever seen.
"Bridget is right, let her breathe, gosh"
"Even Missy agrees with me"
"That's because she's Missy. Riley!" My best friend stops talking to Lucas, Zay, Smakle, Farkle, Josh and Auggie to approach us instead.
"What's happening? Is everything fine?"
"Keep you wife under a leash" Riley and Missy got married on senior year of college. That was the only time I dropped everything in the middle of the school year for someone. And I'm glad I did, otherwise I would've lost their magnificent wedding. They even have two sons: Ricky and Carl.
"Excuse me?!" Riley and I look at each other in the eyes before laughing at our partners' umpteenth argument. They always fight for one reason or the other, more than Lucas and I once used to. Talking about Lucas, he's the only single one and with no kids on the group, but he's just as happy as all of us with his work as a veterinarian in Texas. Smakle and Farkle got married but decided on not having kids, they thought they'd be too busy with their jobs as scientists to be parenting, Zay actually got married with Vanessa, something nobody saw coming, and they had four children; one older boy and triplets, all girls. Josh married Bella, Evan's older sister, and have two children together: Melissa and Gregory. And surprise, Evan and Alice have been dating for a couple of years by now but keep denying that it's something serious. About Ava and Auggie, well, they've been married since they were kids so there's not much to say about them.
I look over to our parents talking. Matthews had definitely aged, he looks at least 80, his wife, on the other hand, hasn't changed, at all. She still keeps her youthful looks and mannerisms, same thing goes for mom and dad. Matthews is just a grandpa in general.
As for Elliot and I: we've been happily married  for over 6 years. He proposed to me on the park where I once did a graffiti.