Chapter 12- The history about Snow flower

I wake up on the plaid they gave me yesterday. Although it hardly helped, one lay more on the ground one if one were to be a stone. But that's the way the others live. Although I had a soft bed, it was never mine. I was never home, in what they said would be my home. In the house I grew up in and raised. Where I have done all my bus and been punished for it. There I also got a friend, who then disappeared and has not been seen for a while. Where I met my brother and where I also lost him.

The morning light peeks in through small slits in the walls and warms my cold skin which begins to get a whiter and sicker color. Why it looks like I don't  know. I may not be used to Neverland's sun or anything.

Although I have not been here for a long time I have seen a lot and then I have hardly seen the island. But I am not sure if I will like all parts of the island either. Because I have that feeling that someone wants me something and can see me. It feels like it's hiding in the shadows. Or maybe it's Silva Arenam.

But my thinking is interrupted when I do a small cough attack. Fun now maybe I'm allergic to my own thoughts, that would be something.

Slowly the canvas is pulled aside from the doorway and the morning light fills the tent. There he stands with his brown eyes and smiles a little smile.

"So you're awake now sunshine"

"Been awake for a little while. But guess what everyone who woke up heard that I was awake now?"

"You can say that now everyone is probably awake," Peter says with a laugh bubbling in his throat.

"So funny you are Pan" I say sarcastically and get up.

"The same sunshine"

He stands aside so I can get out of the tent. First I get dazzled by the light because the tent doesn't get that much light. But when my eyes get used to it, I see that the whole village is already in full swing with its various assignments. Some are already braiding nets, some are making pots, some are making breakfast and some are living the fires. But there are also those who just sit where we fire and talk to the little children who seem so restless or tired now in the morning twig.

I sit near an old lady with the longest gray hair I have ever seen. Her small wrinkles at her eyes and mouth become more as she talks. Her earth brown eyes radiate joy and her small hands she touches as she explains something. She gets along with the children in her story and gets one to really be sucked into the story so you can't stop listening. But if you look at some of the children, it seems that they have heard the story many times.

Her story also captivates me.

"There was once a small village in a country with lots of mountains and forest. The village was between two mountains. So they had the best place to grow. Their livestock animals could graze on the mountains and it was never far to the nearest The village was big and lush, it was as if nothing could separate the villagers, but then one day a little child was born who was not like the others and everyone knew it from the beginning, maybe it was because she was born on a fate. It was a dying day, but then something was born. The child's name was Snow Flower.

The girl grew up as an outcast among her own people. Rejected by her own family and wasted by her family.

Only a few really talked to her. But the number went down when her beloved parents died in a snowfall one stormy night. The house was buried in snow and the parents choked to death. The girl herself was in the house that night, but she had survived in an inhuman way. It was then that her beloved brother also took a step from her little sister. He decided to leave and sail across the treacherous seas that have taken many people's lives.

The years went by and the girl grew up to become a beautiful woman. Her snow-colored hair was the first thing you recognized her for, and her silver eyes always sparkled in the sun. Even though the boys teased her when she was little, they were delighted with her now. They gave her things she would not otherwise receive. They did things to get her attention. But did the girl care, no. She didn't want their things, she just wanted someone who didn't see her just because she was beautiful.

One day the girl found out something that changed her life forever. Her brother had drowned and she was now left alone without any family. She picked her brother's favorite flowers and began to make her way up the mountain. But there was little she knew about the man who followed her footsteps. The girl stops at a cliff edge and looks down into the abyss through which dark cold water flows. It must be many meters down because if you throw a stone, you do not hear it splash in the water. The girl stood there for a while, just looking down into the water in the abyss. She thought of her brother who died in similar water. That's when she hears someone she recognizes. The man she was a little in love with, but something was wrong. He reaches her at such speed and grabs her wrists. That's when she catches and then she is pushed out over the edge. The flowers fly out of her hands and her screams echo between the mountain roads.

On the beach further away, flowers are washed ashore. White and beautiful but slightly wet. Snow flowers were their name. "

The children become silent and look at the old lady as if something more is to come, but it does not. That's when the woman clenches her gaze in mine and whispers almost inaudibly:

"Flos nix"

That's when I think my air goes out of my lungs. The girl in history knows Latin and there are more who can.

There are hands grabbing my shoulders and someone is yelling.

"Agh"

I bounce up from where I sit and a frightened scream comes from my mouth. I turn around quickly and happen to hit something so it sounds.