Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s POV:

Nemuri, Shota and I enjoyed each others company before Nemuri had to leave for patrol and Shota went to the bathroom. I feel a buzz in my pocket.

~~~INCOMING FACETIME~~~

MUM

ACCEPT DECLINE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I clicked accept and see my mum's face pop up on the screen.

"Hey honey, how is UA," She asks grinning from ear to ear.

"It's really nice everyone is so lovely. It's nothing like home though" I reminisce on my childhood, my friends, family, and how I've grown not just as a hero but also as a person "I miss you and dad the most"

"It's okay, you can visit anytime you know that, but look at you growing up in the world, I remember the day you were born how everyone looked in awe at how beautiful you were- well apart from your father, he didn't like the yucky stuff but after you were finally placed in our arms we finally realised that you were the best blessing in our life" She starts tearing up.

"Mum, it's going to be okay" I smile.

"I also remember dad almost dropped you that day, if it wasn't for one of the nurses you would have hit the floor" She laughs slightly wiping away her tears.

"I mean it would explain a lot" I laugh.

"Yeah, you and your father are very alike it seems" She now grabs a tissue as her tears start to flow out again, while she's away from the screen I hear a slight cough behind me, I turn around to see Aizawa awkwardly staring at me.

"Sorry, I'll put in my earphones," I said searching through my bag and finding a packet of gum while I'm at it "Gum?" He shakes his head "Your loss" I toss the gum in my mouth as I continue to search for my earphones.

"Just leave the earphones it fine," He says.

"I'm really sorry" I repeat.

"No need to apologise" He mutters sitting on the other couch and kicking his legs up on the table.

"Who's that honey?" My mother questions.

"That's my co-worker" I explain

"Put him on the screen" She demands as I look over Aizawa as he shrugged his shoulders letting me know that he doesn't mind.

"Heya, WOW YOU LOOK SO HANDSOME, WHAT IS YOUR NAME YOUNG MAN" She yells putting her face right up to the screen.

"Mum he can hear you" I mentally facepalm.

"It's okay, nice to meet you, I'm Shota Aizawa" He awkwardly waves.

"ARE YOU A HERO LIKE MY DAUGHTER?" She continues to shout.

"Yes, my hero alias is Eraserhead." He smiles.

"WOW, YOU WOULD BE A PERFECT FIT FOR MY DEAR (Y/N), ARE YOU HER BOYFR-"

I interrupt her "OKAY BYE MUM LOVE YOU"

"love you too honey, I expect grandch-" I hang up on her before she could continue.

"I am so sorry for her" I apologise blushing cherry red.

"It's alright, I see you look very alike" He comments.

"Really? I think I look more like my father, here's a pic of us together" I say getting up the picture on my phone

"Oh now that I see it, I agree," He says "How old were u here?"

"This was when I was 5 and first got my quirk, my dad was so happy and I leapt on top of him making us both fall on the floor, we were training every day since then and he's the reason I became a hero" I explain.

Shota's POV:

Her eyes are so pretty, I would describe them as an endless ocean but they are so much nicer than that, maybe the stars that shine at night, they shine for her, all the constellations making up in her eyes, and how they widen when she gets happy or excited, almost like a kitten.

Kitten

Perfect

(Y/N)'s POV:

NOBODY WILL EVER LOVE YOU! LOOK AT YOU, WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO SEE THIS.

I looked at myself in the mirror, the voice was right, why would anyone love me

YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG" I repeatedly screamed hoping the voices would go away-

"WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAK-"

"WAKE UP" I hear a loud noise next to my ear as I shoot up screaming, clutching on to whatever was close to me, it was not until I open my eyes that I saw it was Aizawa's arm.

"Are you okay?" He said looking slightly concerned.

"Yeah, perfectly fine. Why do u ask?"

"You were screaming, 'You're wrong'? very loudly, and awoke me from my nap" He explained.

"Oh, sorry" I apologised.

"No problem, Midnight went home a while ago and Present Mic stopped by to introduce himself but you were asleep. It's currently 9 pm" He said.

"Why're u still here?" I questioned.

"Well someone needed to make sure that you weren't going to wake up in the middle of the night, with no idea where u are"

"So you volunteered to stay back?" I asked.

"Nope, Nemuri left me so I kinda had to stay" He explained

"Oh," I said while looking down.

"Hey, why're u so down?" He said bringing his finger to my chin and lifting it slightly so I was looking up to him, my cheeks go a dark red and as he sees mine his lightly dust pink as he removes his hand from my chin and sits next to me, it was only now that I noticed he was in his sleeping bag.

"It's a quirk drawback, I get someone's worst fears and thoughts in my dreams creating nightmares, they happen every night so I don't get a lot of sleep, I've tried to get rid of it by listening to white noise, weighted blankets the whole lot and nothing worked" I explained.

"Why don't you go back to sleep now then?" He asks.

"They're going to come back, the voices-the voices are going to come back again" I quickly muttered.

"Voices?"

"If I don't sleep enough the voice that is in my nightmares come into my normal life, I explained all of this to Nezu and that's why he didn't make me an actual teacher as the last time the voices took over I had no control over my body for a week, of course to the public it made me basically famous taking down a villain league but nobody knows that was the worst week of my life and when the press asked me to explain it, I couldn't- couldn't remember any of it, I saw a clip of it online and couldn't even recognise myself" I start to rock myself back and forward, trying to calm my nerves, I must look like a crazy person right now.

"Hey, it's going to be okay, come here," Aizawa says with open arms, him seeming different from his usual self, is this a trap? I anxiously move towards him as he wraps his arms around me as I start to cry on his shoulder, him soothingly rubbing his hand in circles on my back.

"I'm here now, I won't let anything hurt you" He whispers in my ear as the sound of my crying drowned the room. "You can trust me"

"Th-thankyou Aizawa" I mumble into his shoulder.

"Shota" He states.

"What?" I look up at him confused with bloodshot eyes.

"Call me Shota," He says with a warm smile.

"Okay Shota, thank you" I nuzzle myself back into his shoulder.

"It's okay kitten" He hugs me tighter.