Chapter 8

Skylar's P.O.V

I got up early the next morning feeling slightly better. I put on a purple high low top with the words SWAG on top along with my black and white flannel jacket and a pair of black skinny jeans with a black fedora and black converse. I just left my hair in it's natural wavy state and grabbed my phone. As I headed downstairs I could hear my mom talking to someone on the phone , to be honest it was more like yelling. I tried to hear what she was saying but I could only make out " No . . . . . . grown up . . . . . . . might be shocked . . " until my dumb phone started ringing. My mom hung the phone up and saw me desperately trying to see who it was and sighed. "How much of that did you hear?" she asked staring at me with a worried look. "Not much. Why? Was it important? Who was it? Does it involve me?" I bombarded her with questions and then she finally said "Honey , I think that it's best that you don't know." And she gave me that please-dont-make-me-answer-this-is-for-your-own-good look. And I know my mom if she didn't tell me things then it was to protect me and never to hurt me so I just dropped the subject. And then she face palmer herself and said "Sorry sweetie but because of that call I didn't get to make breakfast. Why don't I give you $20 and you could go to Starbucks and get you something." I just shrugged and she fished out $20 and handed it to me. With that I just grabbed my black Jansport bag with my laptop inside assuming I could do some research there and headed out.

Simons P.O.V

I finally found Skylar and Margaret. Apparently they were living in the same town as Niall for the past several years. I asked my assistant Jerome to give me those number and address. When I got the number I stopped thinking and just called. After the second ring someone answered. "Hello? Uhm , hi I was wondering if I could talk to Margaret Stone." the voice I  the other line said "Speaking and may I ask who am I speaking with?" I was jumping with joy in my heart. After all these past years I can see my family again. "Margaret it's me Simon remember, it used to be me , you and Sky." And I swore right after that I was talking to some pissed off lunch lady. "You mean to tell me after all these years you decide to call , let alone contact us. Do you know how many times I had to tell her you were coming back?!" And the I spoke up and said "Look I know that you are angry and all but can I please see Skylar it at least talk to her." And then this time she yelled but she wasn't too harsh "No she is almost a grown up now but she is still a teen. She won't understand anything that involved you and when she does she might be shocked. Just give me some time and I'll think about it." And then she just hung up. How am I going to make it up to them.