one

MONICA

MONICA

" Well, I think you should definitely tell him. He deserves to know that you're pregnant with his child. " Denise explains.

" I know. But, what if the tests I took earlier were just defective and It turns out that I am not really pregnant. " I said.

" But, Monica.. this will make the third pregnancy test that came back positive. You need to be figuring out what you're going to do. " Denise takes a seat next to me trying her best to comfort me.

I begin to hear the front door open revealing my mother. She sat her purse down and went straight into the kitchen beginning to put the majority of the groceries up.

" It sure would be nice to have some help in here sometimes, Nikki. " I heard her say from behind the kitchen counter.

" Coming. " I responded, already knowing that it was coded for meet me in the kitchen right away.

" Why is their a dish in my sink? " She asked.

" I don't know. Maybe, Trey left it from this morning. But, I did wash all of the dishes from last night. " I replied.

" You know how I am about that. You both know better than this. If you are going to eat out of a bowl, make sure you clean it afterwards. " She sighed.

" Yes ma'am. " I said, not wanting to argue with her.

I walked back into the living room, watching Denise starting to look at the time on her watch. It was only 4:35pm but, I assumed she had something else to do, besides watching me buy pregnancy tests from the drugstore and hoping that one of them will come back with an negative sign instead of a positive one.

Truth was that neither of us would have time to take care of a baby, when we can barely do the same for ourselves. I just felt like maybe it is a bad dream and that I would soon wake up from it. Then, I won't be pregnant anymore.

" Look, I'll see you tomorrow at school and remember what we had talked about. You need to let him know, whether he likes it or not. " She says.

" I'll tell him tomorrow when we get to school. " I begin to unlock the door to letting Denise out.

" Nikki, I talked to your doctor yesterday and I made an appointment for you tomorrow after school. Those symptoms you been having sound more of you being pregnant than having the flu. It has been over two weeks. " She said.

" Mom, I just have not been feeling well. It has nothing to do with being pregnant, so why do I have to go? " I asked her.

" Because, you need to see a doctor if your symptoms are not getting any better. They can help you get rid of it than taking cough medicine. " She says.

" What time is the appointment? " I asked her.

" 4:00pm. So make sure you try and be on time. " She says.

💖

I did my usual routine in the morning. Take a shower, put my clothes on, eat breakfast and somehow ending up having morning sickness in one of the stalls in the girl's restrooms before my first period class. Which was my worst subject, Calculus-AP.

Today was going to end being up different, I was cutting one of my classes to spend time with my boyfriend. Eventually, leading up to him finding out the big news that I learned yesterday evening.

" Monica, Is everything alright? What's wrong? " Donald asked me.

" I had another fight with my stepfather last night again. He doesn't want me to be with you, saying that if I'm not careful, I'm going to end up just like mother. " I replied, wiping the tears away.

" Baby, I don't care about what he thinks and neither should you. Look, I love you and that is all that should matter. " He says.

I stared right back into his pretty hazel eyes, letting him kiss me. While, music is playing softly in the background inside his car.

In the middle day now baby

I seem to think of only you, hey, oh yeah

Never thinking for a moment baby

That you've been thinking of me too, yeah, so

" You always know how to make me feel better.. " I giggled.

💖

So, what do you think about this first chapter? Love it or hate it.

Please, remember to comment, vote and share.