seven

MONICA

MONICA

" I'm actually surprised that you're not feeling any type of way about this. " I said.

" You know that I will always support whatever decision you decide to go with.
But, it is just upsetting to me that you've gotten pregnant by someone, you have not even known past six months. Yet, we have known each other basically forever.. " Darius explained.

" I never meant for all this happen suddenly. And if I could change the fact that this happened, I would. I never knew you have always felt this way about me. " Monica said.

" Monica, how do you even know if this guy is even right for you? He cheated on his girlfriend with you and tries not to own up to his responsibilities. " He asked.

" Well, it is a little too late for that. But, lately it seems that he really wants this baby more than I do. Honestly, I wish that I would have just skipped the 11th grade. It would have been easier for me to stay and raise the baby because, I could have just took the year off. Probably, get a job that I wouldn't have to be there everyday to help out. " I replied.

" Yeah.. You messed up but, it doesn't mean your whole life is over with and I know how you have always wanted kids. Just look at it as a blessing and it is. " He said.

" Thanks. You have always found a way to make me feel better. But, I have to go.. I think I hear my mom coming in, bye. " I said.

💖

SHARICE

Immediately, I took my shoes off by the front door. Putting my duffle bag down, going straight up the stairs to the room that I shared with my cousin who was younger than me.

Opening the door, I notice that it was toys scattered all over the place. I sighed before putting everything back in inside of the toy box.

I laid down on my bed, searching around for the liquor bottle that I always kept in my dresser, underneath my clothes. Only drinking some of it, I hurried and put it back where I had always hid it. After, hearing my auntie asking to come inside.

" I know that I might be hard on you, sometimes. But, I just don't want you end up like your mother. " She said.

" But, that isn't fair! You can't tell me who is right for me. " I said.

I was still in shocked that she actually slapped me.

" Long as you live in this house, you'll do whatever I tell you to do. I'm trying to save you from making the same mistakes that she did! " She said.

" Ugh! I can't stand this house. " I cried.

" Well, please do me a favor and move out if you won't do what I say. You're almost eighteen, just know that you will be on your own after, you graduate. " She said, walking out of the room slamming the door behind her.

" Like my mother?? You don't even know me! " I said.

Vote, comment and share! 🌺