Harry's POV

This morning the names were drawn for the Triwizard Tournament. When I heard my name announced, everything froze in place. I wasn't quite sure how to process it simply because I never entered my name and even if I tried, they made it completely impossible. Well, at least we all seem to have thought it was impossible. Ron was ignoring me and that was the last thing I needed at the moment. Many people were angry with me and didn't seem to believe that I wasn't the one that entered my name. Later that evening, I was tired of being around people so I decided to sneak off to find somewhere quiet. My walk brought me to where the owls slept and mailing was usually done which we called the Owlrey. Thinking I was alone, I sat down on the bench and began to sob until I heard shuffling from the corner. Jumping out of my seat, I glared at the person standing there but all that could be seen was a dark shadow.

"Who's there?" I shouted with a little bit of anger stepping closer to the figure. They started walking towards me until finally they were out of the shadows, into the light and I could see Draco Malfoy staring back at me with tears already dried up on his cheeks. Neither one of us knew what to say to the other so we stood in silence for a good amount of time before he spoke.

"Did you somehow find a way to enter yourself? I don't want to believe that you would do something so stupid but how else would your name be drawn?" He asked before looking away.

"I sure as hell did not enter my name in the Goblet of Fire." I responded sitting back down. "Even if I had miraculously found a way in, I would never do that. No one else believes me so I don't expect you to."

Draco didn't reply at first as if he was thinking about what to say. Sitting down next to me, he looked at me with sad eyes. Many feelings spread through my body and I didn't have any clue on how I should interpret them. Everything in me wanted to kiss him - to feel the soft lips against mine.

"If it makes you feel any better I believe you. I don't know why I do, but I do." He finally responded.

It did make me feel a lot better but I didn't want him to know how much his opinion actually meant to me so I got up and left without saying a word. When I got back to the common room everyone was glaring at me and whispering. Fred and George were surprisingly impressed with me. Ignoring all of them, I walked up the stairs and went straight to bed. Every ounce of my body was exhausted and I felt like I needed a hundred years of rest. The moment my head hit the pillow I was out.

The next morning I was woken to people talking. I sat up to see Ron and Seamus having a conversation as they were getting ready to go to breakfast. I debated on whether I should attend or not. However, my stomach decided for me as it started growling. I attempted to add to what they were discussing and they simply walked away from me leaving the dormitory. I got dressed and worked my way down to the great hall. Just as I had expected, my presence seemed to bother just about everyone. I was getting really uncomfortable when Hermione asked me to take a walk with her. Letting out a sigh of relief, I stood up following her out of the great mess of chatter.

When we got outside onto the grounds, we found a place to sit up for a while. I needed someone to get things off my chest and usually it involved Ron but he still had a bug up his ass so Hermione would have to do for now. I did, however, find out why Ron was upset in the first place and I thought it was a load of rubbish. I mean, who would be jealous of me? Yes, I was the center of attention in a lot of scenarios but most of them were not the good kind of attention and I would trade everything in the world to not be in my shoes and Ron just didn't seem to understand that. I also ended up telling her about the instance with Malfoy the night before.

"Are you sure Draco Malfoy was actually crying?" She yelled in complete shock. "What if he was crying over you Harry? He did seem rather worried about your name being drawn from the Goblet."

"I don't know why he was crying but I highly doubt it was about me. But he did tell me that he believed me when I said I didn't enter my name." I replied to Hermione as I laid down to look at the sky.

I would have given anything for this to have been a dream. I want my best friend back and for people to stop staring at me like I'm the enemy. Thinking about being in the tournament scared me because of all the precautions that were stated ahead of time. With all of this going on, I had forgotten about the Yule ball and the fact that I still had no one to attend it with. After putting some thought into it I decided I would ask Cho Chang.

Making it through most of the day without listening to people was hard but doable. However, double potion lessons with the Slytherins I knew was going to be the death of me. As I reached the doorway I noticed all of them wearing badges that stated:

"Support Cedric Diggory - The REAL Hogwarts Champion"

A few seconds later the message changed into something else more offensive.

"Potter Stinks!"

The thing that hurt me the most was that Draco started giggling when he noticed that I had seen the badges and the rest of his house soon followed. He confused me in ways I didn't even know how to express so I walked into the classroom finding a seat in the back away from everyone. Snape gave me an even harder time since the drawing and I knew I shouldn't even be surprised by it.