Part 5 Harry's POV

I awoke with a startle as crookshanks jumped onto my bed and starting to lick my face. I threw him off as I stood up in order to get my day started. As I walked into the Gryffindor common room, Hermione waved for me to approach her as she sat by herself working on what it seemed as our potion homework. I walked over to her sitting in the seat that was across from her.

"So are you just going to sit there staring at me or are you going to tell me how it went last night?" Hermione asked smirking as she waited for my answer. There she went drooling over Draco and I again. She was having the time of her life as I was dying inside trying to hide the way I felt as if it was a guilty pleasure. I pulled out my homework as if I didn't hear her and continued to go about my business while trying to avoid an awkward conversation. It wasn't that I didn't trust her, I was just having a hard time believing how I felt and talking about it would make it all the more real.

When I finished with my homework, I decided to go flying. Since our school is hosting the triwizard tournament this year, we weren't having a house cup competition and since I wasn't old enough I couldn't enter. What else was I going to do the whole year?

When I got down to the Quidditch field, someone else was already in the air. From where I was standing, I couldn't quite figuring out who it was. However, it was pretty clear that it was a Slytherin. At the sight of the green robes, I almost decided to just go back inside to avoid any problems that I might come upon but at the last second I decided to kick off into the air. This is my field too and I wasn't going to let someone take it from me. All of a sudden the other flyer started as fast as he could towards me as did I. We were getting closer and closer by the second but just in time, I dove for the ground which was a new move I previously learned. I caught a glimpse of the flyer's face and I knew instantly who it was. I could tell just by his eyes that it was indeed Draco Malfoy. At first I didn't know if he recognized me or not but after I was done with my dive, he flew to the ground after me but then kept going after me as if he wanted me to follow him. So that is exactly what I did. I sped up to him and flew by his side. He pressed on faster as I did the same to match his speed. For a second I thought I saw a smile; not one that was a smirk but an actual smile. But then his face turned cold when he spotted Snape watching the two of us. I instantly slowed down as Malfoy darted towards the professor. I hesitated before following him down. We both hopped off our brooms and waited for Professor Snape to say something.

"I see you boys seem to be getting along just fine," He stated to the both of us but then turned his attention to Draco. "I wish to see you in my office right away." Without thought, he walked away. Draco and I stood there in silence until he looked up at me.

"Do not mention this to anyone," he explained and walked away gracefully. I didn't understand how he could go from a fun, loving person and in an instant turn so cold. I followed after him only to have turned down the hall towards the Gryffindor common room to try and find Hermione and Ron. Today was the day that people were supposed to enter into the Triwizard Tournament. Tonight we would find out who was representing each school. Instead of walking through the portrait, I walked past it towards the dining hall where most of the students were likely to be. Sure enough, the dining hall was crowded with students from every school. I spotted Hermione and Ron sitting in a corner talking to Fred and George probably listening to them complain about how they couldn't enter either. I was more than sure that they were trying to come up with a plan to go around the protective circle that was placed around the cup in order to keep students that were underage out. As I walked up to them, Fred and George started to walk up to the circle and jumped through. Both of them were zapped back and started to grow long beards. I assumed that was the consequence for trying to go around the rules. I definitely did not want to try that.

"Hey Harry," Hermione greeted, "Where did you wander off to?" She looked at me as if she already knew what my answer was going to be. Something told me that she would know if I tried to lie. However, not wanting Ron to find out, I made up a lame excuse.

"I was in the library studying." I answered. It was probably the worst excuse in the world but it was the first thing that came to mind. Hermione smirked when she realized she was right. Ignoring her, I sat down next to Ron. Everyone was watching their older friends put their names in the goblet in envy. You could tell most people weren't too excited about the new age rule. The Minister thought that since it was dangerous, they would only allow the kids that were of age enter. I could see where it made sense but it was kind of irritating. The prize is what everyone was looking at; the winner of the Triwizard Tournament would get a money prize. Everyone was talking about the prize and what they would do with it ever since we were told about it. No one really thought about classes anymore as they were so ready for the Yule Ball. People were talking about who they wanted as their date and others asking people to be their dates. Obviously I wanted Draco to be my date but since there is no way of that happening, I thought I should find someone else to go with so I wasn't the only person without a date. The first person that came to mind was Katie Bell. She was absolutely stunning.

I was snapped out of my trance by people getting up to go back to the dorms for the night. The following day would be the day that each champion would be chosen. People probably wanted to rest so they could have a good start to Halloween. I followed Hermione and Ron back to the Gryffindor common room. As we walked by Draco, I thought I seen a smile come across his face but as soon as I looked back to see, it was gone.