30

Marinette looked up. Even though she wanted to stay friends with Adrien, she couldn't. She had just heard that Chloe's father was the new principal, so a lot of things might have changed while she was gone. Chloe may have still had feelings for Adrien, and could possibly attack her if she was close with him. And now that she got her father in the school, it made things worse for Marinette.

Marinette did see Lila stand up and walk over to her. "You know," She spoke, "Adrien didn't sleep a wink because of how hard he tried to find you. I don't know what you said to him, but I can tell it must have been something horrible, which makes you an ungrateful brat!" With those words, the brunette turned around and stormed off, shocking Marinette.

Adrien tried to find me? She had to admit, she was surprised to hear that. Why hadn't he given up? Why did he still try?

"Hey, Marinette?"

Marinette turned around to face one of the girls that was sitting at the table. "Yeah?"

"Have you watched the news yet?"

Marinette shook her head. Ever since she had gotten back, she'd spent time with her parents, her parents asking ton of questions and her answering them all. Some of the questions, she had answered with a lie, but she knew it didn't matter anymore anyways. When she had gotten to her room and searched around, she couldn't find her phone, and she noticed that her calendar was gone.

"Well, you should watch it," The girl continued. "Chloe absolutely got what she deserved. I'm glad her father kicked her out."

Marinette widened her eyes. "Kicked. . . kicked her out?"

"Yeah," Another girl nodded. "Chloe's father found out about what she did to you, and he threatened to shut down the school if Chloe didn't apologize. Of course, Chloe didn't, so he kicked her out and became the new principal of the school."

"He became the new principal so he could be able to protect the school from bullying," Another girl chirped in, "because let's face it, the last principal was crap."

Marinette gasped. She had completely gotten the story wrong. She had thought Chloe's father being here was a horrible thing, but she was wrong. Quickly she stood up to her feet and took off out of the cafeteria, surprising and confusing the other girls. She had to apologize to Adrien now.

With a worried look on her face, Marinette searched around in hopes of finding Adrien. Finally she heard a voice coming from the locker room, but she could tell there was more than one person in there when another voice spoke up.

"Adrien, don't worry. You don't have to be her friend. Marinette is an ungrateful brat. The least she could have done was thank you, but instead she did the absolute opposite." It was Lila, Marinette figured out, and when she heard Lila's voice, she stopped. It would be embarrassing if she just headed inside.

And besides. . . Were Lila and Adrien close now? Before they were enemies, Adrien hated her, didn't he? But now they were talking to each other? A lot had really changed while she was gone. Could Adrien and Lila possibly be dating?

At the thought of that, Marinette could feel her heart beating faster, though she had no idea why. Or maybe she did. . . Maybe she was just scared that Adrien would turn bad, just like Lila. Maybe he would start bullying her like the girls did before? She was scared he would change because of Lila. She didn't want him to change.

Just thinking about it made her mind go crazy, but Marinette could feel her legs moving towards the locker room, and then walked inside. Four eyes looked back at her as she looked at Lila and Adrien. Adrien was sitting down on the floor at one corner, while Lila stood at the other corner, as if afraid of getting close to Adrien.

Lila glared at her, but Adrien looked confused, and a bit. . .relieved.

"What are you doing here?" Lila immediately turned to Marinette with anger.

"I just came to apologize," Marinette blurted out, surprising all of them. "You're right, I was being an ungrateful brat. I should have asked first. I had no idea so much had changed and I was afraid I would repeat what happened before."

Lila cooled down after the words, but her heart dropped once she saw the huge smile on Adrien's face. She didn't know why, but she was so displeased to see it, and it hurt her even more when Adrien stood up and started walking towards Marinette, pulling her into a huge huge and saying words of how much he missed her.

She backed away a little while she watched them hug, eyes not peeling away no matter how hard she tried.

"Yeah. . . I missed you too." She hadn't realized it, but as soon as Adrien had hugged her, she felt a huge pound of relief on her shoulders, which felt good. But when she looked behind, she could see Lila looking all uncomfortable, which got her to break the hug.

So. . . Lila and Adrien weren't dating? Marinette accidentally let out a sigh of relief at the thought. She was just afraid of Adrien changing his personality. That's it! That's the only reason why she was relieved about Lila and him not dating. Nothing else.

"Uh. . . I'll let you two catch up," Lila cleared her throat, feeling a little embarrassed that she had even spoke, but rushed out of the locker room as quickly as she could. She knew this little fact, yet she wished she didn't, and she wished it wasn't true. She had figured this little fact out as soon as Adrien walked inside class for the very first time and looked at Marinette. She knew this fact when Adrien started hanging around her with such huge and comfortable smiles.

She knew he liked her. Adrien had feelings for Marinette. That was facts!