Chapter 5

Shays pov
After meeting emily she was all I could think about. During my lessons I found myself become distracted to the point where a student asked if I was okay. After teaching 2 periods of English I got a call asking if I could cover a pe lesson as the teacher was out sick. I said I would as I had a free and I didn't have anything to be marked. I started heading over to the pe department and I instantly noticed emily. She looked zoned out and only seemed to snap out of it when I started talking. She looked so cute! Her jeans fit her in all the right ways. If I keep staring I'm going to go into a full gay panic. Focus. I told all of the student to get changed and make there way to the hall for dodge ball. Everyone came in after a little while and split up into two groups. There was clear bias with the groups. Popular vs non popular but I wasn't going to change them. Emily came in and walked toward the so called non popular group and waited for instructions. She still looked cute! She was wearing navy joggers and the schools logo shirt. I was starting to drool until I remembered I'm a teacher. Stood in front of lots of students. Anyways. I asked some girls to get the equipment out and set up the game. I used the whistle to then start the game. Balls were instantly being thrown all over. Thank god I'm not a student, I hated dodge ball. When someone got out in the game it was my job to whistle and make sure they sat out until someone else caught a ball. The next thing I knew a ball was heading for Emily's direction. It was like slow motion. I shouted to get her attention because she clearly was zoned out. "Emily!" She came back to reality and was hit in the face by the ball. She didn't have enough time to move or stop it. Once hit she fell onto the floor with a pretty loud bang. It definitely looked like it hurt. I gasped as I definitely didn't want an injured kid, especially not her. I kind of panicking as I rushed to her side. "Emily. Can you hear me?" "Emily?" Shit what am I going to do?!
She began to open her eyes slowly and look up towards me. "What happened? Am I dead?" "You've been hit with a ball. You went to the floor pretty hard. Are you okay?"  I was so concerned! She said that she was okay but she was dizzy. I then asked Jenny a girl from one of the teams to watch the class while I help Emily to the nurse. I began to jelly her up but she managed to fall over her own feet? This seemed to happen a lot. She seemed to be a awkward clumsy mess, but a cute one so it's okay. I held onto her so she didn't fall. She had a tight grip on me and hummed as I caught her. Good thing I've been working out. We slowly began to walk towards the nurses office and once we got there she began to check her out. She gave her an ice pack and diagnosed her with a concussion. Thank god she was mostly okay. "You had me really worried. You have to try and be less distracted. It's getting dangerous. What's happening? tell what's on your mind?" I hope this comes across as caring and not mean. I just want her less distracted. I mean I can't be that much of a distraction. Bit big headed there Shay. Anyways. She looked like she was trying to construct her answer carefully. "I. I. I just..I mean I just I think a lot. It's hard to shut off. I'm sorry I scared you. I don't mean to" she so cute! Stuttering and being all awkward. I hope there's no problems causing her to overthink. I'd hate to see her more in a daze. I began to tell her that I'm there for her. This seems to be affecting her. Even her grades are dropping. I also tell her that if she needs me my door is always open. She says thank you and that she'd try to be more focused. it seems sincere. I stand up and brush my skirt down. " I umm have to get back to the hall to check on the other girls. Stay here and rest" I totally forgot about the others. I hope Jenny hasn't started a riot. Emily says another thank you and I begin to walk toward the hall. I hear her sigh as I leave. This can't just be me affecting her. I'm being big headed here. I'm probably not even affecting her and she's having problems at home. Or maybe in school? I hope I can help. I open the hall doors to find all the girls sat on their phones. Where did they get them from. They were locked in the changing rooms. Magic. Anyways. Some kids asked if Emily was okay and some didn't even bother. For all they know she couldn't been seriously hurt. It angered me to know most didn't care. We all put the equipment away and headed back to end the lesson. What a great way to end a day. A PE lesson where a student got concussed. Emily being the student especially. She's seriously accident prone. I have to watch out for that. I left that day wondering if she was okay got home fine. I don't think it's normal to think about a student 24/7 especially considering they're about 4 years younger than me. And I'm her TEACHER. I'm definitely going to have to take my advise and focus.

AN:
Hello! I hope this is okay. Sorry for a long ass wait. Idk why. Hopefully I'll get more out but I need to know what you want to happen. 🤷🏽‍♀️ help 😂