15. Alone

It was a full moon light illuminated by sparkling stars. You were standing near the gate of Shoka Sonjuku admiring the night view and the fresh air. It was calming and peaceful and somehow it felt nice. You heard someone coming and you knew who it was without looking. It was Shoyo Sensei.

"It's beautiful isn't it?", Sensei asked you.

"Yes", you said.

You both stood there for a minute.
"Come quickly (Y/N), it's time for dinner", saying that Shoyo Sensei patted your head smiling and went inside.

After a minute, you entered the room to eat your dinner. Sensei and Gintoki were sitting in front of you. Takasugi was sitting on your left and Katsura was sitting on your right. The three were having their own little argument.

While you sat beside them about to eat your dinner you smiled a little

While you sat beside them about to eat your dinner you smiled a little. Ever since you came into this world, you were not sure that if you could ever be happy here. But you were wrong, you are happy, happy to be here. You now have a loving and caring family and you felt something warm in your heart. You wished that this moment would freeze here forever.

You closed your eyes for a moment and when you opened it you saw that you were on a battlefield. Gintoki and Shoyo Sensei were there in front of you but Gintoki had a sword in his hand and Sensei's hands were tied.

 Gintoki and Shoyo Sensei were there in front of you but Gintoki had a sword in his hand and Sensei's hands were tied

Takasugi was on your left side and Katsura was on your right side with their hands tied. At that moment Shoyo Sensei turned around and saw you. He silently mouthed something to you which only you and Shoyo Sensei could understand. Then Gintoki took his sword and cut down Shoyo Sensei's head and you watched in horror as Sensei's head flew down. Your vision blurred and you felt something warm flowing down your cheeks. 'NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!'. You knew that this would happen but you could not do anything to prevent this from happening. 'I HATE MYSELF, I AM USELESS ', these thoughts flowed inside your head.

Suddenly you woke up with sweat  flowing down your face and a dry throat. 'It was all a dream....', you thought wiping down your sweat.

Then realization struck you. 'No, it all has happened. Shoyo Sensei has already died. Gintoki, Takasugi, Katsura and you went separate ways and never met again. How much time would you take to realize that, (Y/N) that it has been 10 years, 10 Years since all that had happened. I could not save him.' Warm and salty liquid flowed down from your eyes. You hugged your legs and cried your heart out. You have lost someone precious to you yet again.