And The Past Of You

Rachael Point Of View:

A woman and a man, both looking like they are in their mid-40s and the way they are looking at us, gives me chills. Not the good chills, but it gives me a bad vibe, where the back of my hair feels like it's sticking up. The man has dark black hair with some white streaks in them, and the woman is a brunette. Both of them look like old hags.

"Who are them?" I ask Hannah, who is still pissed at my outburst minutes ago. Her eyes have gone dark with anger as she glares at me. I gulp in my seat, I didn't mean to make her mad, but I did.

"What makes you think I know them?" She asks, taking a glimpse of them before shooting me an angry look.

I gave her a sheepish smile, "Cause you've been here longer than me, and I hate the looks they are giving us."

Hannah rolls her eyes, "You're dramatic."

"Did you called me dramatic?" I ask her, keeping my voice quiet, trying not to gain attention from others. I get it that my outburst was inappropriate, and lately, I've been acting off, but dramatic?

Maybe I am a bit dramatic.

I haven't been giving her the attention she needs because my mind always wanders off.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, and I rub my forehead.

Hannah looks up from her food as she drops her fork next to her plate. Her eyes soften, and so does her face, and a soft smile appears on her face.

"It's okay," She says softly, taking my hand into hers. "I'm sorry if I've hurt you, too. I didn't mean to be mad at you."

I look at her, returning the smile, "Let's flip the page and move on from it."

We look at each other for a minute before Hannah burst out laughing.

"I can't believe I can't mad at a beautiful girl," She says in amusement, and I shake my head slightly.

Our eyes locked with each other, our hands intertwined on the table, and we gave each other a soft smile. Sometimes, Hannah gets mad when I don't give her my attention, or when I keep covering up things and make it like nothing is wrong. Sometimes, Hannah and I would tease each other when my mind isn't somewhere else. We're still growing, and we're still teenagers. We're only 17 years old, and sometimes, things could be immature.

"Could we take our date somewhere?" I ask her, and she looks at me confused, so I tilt my head to the old hags. Then give Hannah a look to let her know that they've been looking at us, even now, which is creeping me out.

Her eyes went soft to curious as she peeks over my shoulder to look at the old hags. Then her jaw drops, and her face covers with recognization.

Oh, so now she knows those hags?

I raised a brow at her, "Now you know them?"

"Y-yeah," Hannah says quietly.

"Who are they?" I question her.

"They..." She hesitates for a moment. "The man is Brian, and the woman is Mackenzie, both of them are my ex-girlfriend's parents. I've only met them once or twice. They've been giving off an unusual aura, but they seem like a strict parent to me, too."

"I see," I said, taking it all in. "But why are the hags staring at us?"

Hannah shrugs, taking her eyes off them.

"Probably because they recognized me," She mutters. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel scared and threaten by their looks, and they give me bad chills," I told her, as I dig through my dessert.

Hannah hummed in agreement and nod, "Why don't we see what they want from us."

I give her, are you crazy, look before shaking my head in disagreement.

"Babe, I just said they give me chills," I say sharply under my breath.

She gives me a smile before getting up from her chair.

"Come on," Hannah says, taking my hand in hers and drag me to the old hags.

"This is the stupidest idea you've got," I mumbled next to her as we made our way to their table.

We stop in front of them, and they look at us with darkness. I look over at Hannah, wondering why she isn't talking. She opens her mouth and then shut it, of course, she didn't think of this a step ahead.

"How could we help you, young ladies?" Brian asks, his voice low and raspy.

"Er..." Hannah made a sound, and I roll my eyes.

Brian is wearing a plain black plaid shirt tucked into his plain black pants with a golden belt. I look back up to study his features. Some tattoos could appear on his neck where his collar doesn't reach, dark circles under his eyes, and wrinkles are noticeable on his tired face. He's a well-shaved mad.

"Could you please stop gawking at us," I told him in a soft voice.

"How could I stop?" A small smile forms on his face, and he stood up. He's shorter than Hannah but taller than me.

Rest in peace, me.

"What do you mean?" I question him, looking up at him, keeping our eyes contact.

"Dear. Please don't trouble these young ladies here," says the woman, or shall I say, Mackenzie. She stood up, and her jewelry jiggles from her movement. She's taller than me in her high heels, but I'm sure she's shorter.

"Honey, I wasn't. They look beautiful, and every imperfection of you is perfection," Brian said with a smile. "And I would like to apologize for our inappropriate behavior."

"Oh!" I look at them speechless because I wasn't expecting this from them. "Thank you!"

"Oh please, young lady," Mackenzie laughs. "Where did our manners went?"

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"I'm Mackenzie, and this is my dear husband, Brian," She says happily. "You look beautiful, young lady."

"Thank you," I said a bit flustered by her compliment.

"Excuse me, but do you remember me?" Hannah spoke up beside me.

Brian and Mackenzie turn their attention to Hannah, giving her an uninterested look. Oop-

"Aren't you, Hannah?" Mackenzie asks. "The girl who dated Samantha?"