Some Feelings Remain

"Ew straight," I say, faking to puke. I still haven't seen Hannah ever since this morning when she stormed off. I was stuck with the bitch alone during Gym today because Sarah was homesick, I don't know why because she was completely fine yesterday, and Hannah didn't show up. 

"What's wrong with straight couples?" Austin asks annoyed, after eating his girlfriend's tongue. Yuck.

"Buh-bye, Austin's face sucker," I say, waving his girlfriend off. Austin glares at me, "Seriously?" 

"She's pretty and all," I say. "But, please stop sucking each other faces, or eat other tongues." 

"It's called PDA," Austin sighs. "If you're uncomfortable with it...then I guess I will tone it down a bit." 

"Anyone could be uncomfortable with it, Austin," says a female voice from behind me. I look behind me and saw a girl and a boy, both with glasses and taller than me. Geez, do every high schooler gotta be tall like giraffes? I'm like a fucking ant to them. Where's my ant friends? 

"You're back!" Austin exclaims his eyes sparkling with happiness. "I miss you so much!" 

Austin lifts the girl up in his arms before twirling her around, his face shows pure happiness and...well the girl, she looks like she's going to kill him. 

"Put me down, dickhead," She yells in frustration. "Put me fucking down, let me feel the floor." 

"But I miss you so much, Sophie," Austin whine, hugging Sophie close to hist chest. 

I look up at the glasses-dude, I nudge him with my elbow. 

"Hey you," I say. "Welcome back to you too." 

"T-thank you," He stutters, I smirk at him. He's a shy boy, aww.  

"I would've thought Sophie is Austin's girlfriend if he didn't tell me earlier that his girlfriend is the brunette," I say. "So who are you?" 

"Who are you?" Sophie asks. "Never seen you around." 

"That's because I've been here for only two days," I reply. 

Sophie rolls her eyes, "Well, I wasn't there for those two days." 

"Today is the second day, so yeah, you're here on my second day," I simply said. 

She smiles, "True. You new then?" 

"Yep." 

"So, who are you?" Sophie asks again. 

"Rachael, and you?" I ask. 

"I'm Sophie," Sophie introduces herself then points at the glasses-boy. "He's Mason." 

"Where's Hannah?" Mason asks quietly. 

Austin and I made eye contact with each other. 

"Did you have a fight with Hannah, again?" Sophie asks.

"Not me," I say defending myself. 

I lay my back against the wall nearby like Mason, Mason shakes his head in disappointment. 

"Not you, we're talking about Austin," Mason says. 

"Look it was just a little disagreement, nothing big," Austin huffs. "I'm going to get food." 

"You do know Hannah regrets what she has done to - to..." I couldn't hear the name of the person because Sophie mumbles it under her breath. Sophie's eyes soften when Austin turns around with sadness before walking toward the food bar leaving me behind with Sophie and Mason. 

Sophie remains silent, but her eyes still linger on Austin. She let out a frustrated sigh before looking at me. 

I gulp under her strong graze, I say, "The weather is kinda nice today." 

"So you're a friend of Austin?" Sophie asks. 

"Of course, he's an awesome dude," I say. 

"Just because he's awesome?" Sophie asks with a frown. 

"There's more to him," I say, holding my up my hands. "All I know about him is that he has a girlfriend, the quarterback in football, dislike Hannah...I think, and a player. However, he's a softie because he actually cares about other people's feelings." 

Sophie listened to me closely when I talk about Austin. Her eyes spark some curiosity when I mentioned he's a softie, and a small smile formed on her face. I'll take that as approval from Sophie. 

"He is a softie," Sophie says happily, but quietly as she looks at the floor. "He's an amazing person, before and after he became a player. I'm glad there are still some parts that remain in him, the part that makes him into a person...who could catch anyone's heart." 

Sophie looks up from the floor before giving a sad smile, "Forget what I said, let's get food." 

She turns her back from me heading toward the food bar as Austin has done before. 

"Wow..." I whisper. "What was that?" 

Mason swift his feet around before stuffing his pockets with his hands. He gazes across the cafeteria searching for someone, unfortunately, he couldn't find them. Letting out a huff and his eyes look into mine. 

"After all these years, some feelings remain, and those feelings could either grow or die sooner or later," Mason says gently. "The history of Hannah, Sophie, and Austin goes all the way when they were toddlers. I joined the group during middle school, they are close friends when I met them. All three are hip to hip, no matter where they go. They are amazing triples." 

"That's friendship right there," I say, giving him a small smile. 

"It is friendship, however, things have changed as they grew up. It started after my first year of friendship with them," Mason says sadly, brushing his front bangs aside. "People changes, you know." 

My stomach grumbles in hunger, and I look away in embarrassment. 

"Sorry," I sheepishly. "I'm really hungry..." 

Mason looks shocked before saying, "Go get your food, I was the one holding you back." 

"Are you coming?" I ask my stomach grumbles again. Geez!

Mason shakes his head, "Someone got my food already, go and get your food." 

I give him a smile before walking off to the food bar. 

People changes, you know. 

I wonder what happened, they sound like really good friends back. It seems like Austin and Hannah have changed, one became a player and the other became a cheater. I want to know what happened, but being the new student and they know nothing about me, is me being nosy if I ask for more. 

I sigh. 

People changes... But, some feelings remain, and those feelings could either grow or die sooner or later.