"As your lawyer, I'll help you fight him legally every step of the way. And as your best friend, I'll gladly give him the business if you need me too. You're not in this alone V."

Alone. That's what I've been feeling this whole time.

The nights I slept alone while Matthew worked. Him being so distant all the time.

It all reminded me of that feeling of loneliness I felt during the past few months.

I wanted to cry, but I needed to know what to do from here.

"You're always there Pablo and I'm thankful for that." I said gratefully. "What do I need to get divorced as soon as possible?"

"First, how do you want to split everything?"

"I only want to keep everything I purchased myself He can keep house. I don't want it." I stated, not wanting to be constantly reminded of my failed marriage. "I request that my married name gets removed. I also don't want any alimony, I can take care of myself."

"To start, we'll need to go to file for divorce at the courthouse. Then we need to wait for it to get signed so it gets filed with the court. Don't worry about anything, all you need to do is sign. I'll get a copy of it to serve to Matt-"

"Sorry to interrupt you, but I'll serve him the papers." It was time for me to face him. I needed to discuss some things with him.

"Vanessa, you don't have to serve him. Are you sure?" His concern written over his face.

"I'm positive." I said looking straight into his eyes. Stay strong Vanessa.

"If that's what you want."he sighed.

"I'll be honest with you. As you and I both know he's not going to let you go so easily, so he isn't going to make this process easy." He said thoughtfully.
1
"I know Pablo, but it doesn't worry me. It's his fault to begin with. If he wanted to stay married, he shouldn't have been sleeping around." My voice cracking at the end.

I can't break down right now.

"You're absolutely right. Vanessa, you'll be fine. Just focus on yourself. I only want to see you happy." He said wrapping me in a hug while I burst into tears. "If I ever see Matthew outside of a courtroom, I'm kicking his ass. But for now I'll do it legally."

"There's no need for any of that. I'm so glad you're here. I haven't told Kaden or my parents what happened. I don't think I can face them." I said tearfully.

"All they care about is your wellbeing. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you want me to be honest, I don't know how Yasmine deals with me." He said playfully at the end making me laugh.

"Oh please, you're both crazy about each other." I said with a smile. I needed to stop crying over Matthew.

Pablo wiped the tears from my eyes and went towards the muffin container. "I've been waiting to taste one of these all morning." He said as he grabbed two muffins and handed one to me.

I must look like a mess. I thought as I bit into the muffin.

They were so good.

"Amazing as usual."

"Thank you, it was Tam's idea to make these. How's Alexandria?"

"Naughty as usual. She's been asking when she can come stay with you."

I smiled. Alexandria was the daughter I've never had. She usual stayed with Matthew and I on the weekends and had her own room at my former house.