Six; Isn't something happening once enough? Déjà vu!!

Hehe... supper long.... now i don't understand what happened? i upload yesterday... today my chapter is just deleted!!! obserdity!!!

Six

I went to school against the protest from my mother. She thought that it would be too much... that I couldn't emotionally handle this. I was hoping that the incident this morning would trump crazy Gracie's death. That I wouldn't have to deal with the school's knowing looks. And more than anything, I hoped that they didn't blame me and spread rumors that I was the one who killed that person at jack's house. Everyone knew that jack bullied me all the time. But despite that thought, I found myself hoping it wasn't him on that gurney. I kept avidly telling myself that it wasn't jack.

   The second day of school. Technically it would be my first since I ditched four of my classes to chew out my parents for not telling me about gracie's death. I found myself nervous as Jake pulled up to our school. He parked semi- far from the school entrance. We had arrived four minutes before the final bell rang and I was surprised that the lot wasn't more filled with student's cars. I guess everyone always arrived at the last moment possible. I ran to class ignoring the stares and whispers.

   As I sat down the bell rang. I saw that sandy wasn't in class. That must mean something did happen to Jack. Sandy and jack were 'The Couple' at our school. And she would have to ditch if something happened to him, it was just what was expected of her. Yeah, jack cheats on her but sandy also cheats on him. They always seemed to get back together in the end.

   I ignored it and tried to immerse myself in my calculus book. Facts and problems; that is all I should deal with. The straight and narrow road of math and science. I finally released all the emotions I had had this morning about coming to school, my sister, and jack. I don't even know why I was worrying so much about jack. I could now see that I didn't care about him. If he could, he would just go back to making my life a living hell. It took one day for my world to turn upside down. And it took reasoning and willpower to flip it back to my normal life. I wouldn't see the dilutions anymore.

   I had forgotten about the delicious William in the last 24 hours. He was very persistent. He sat next to me in all of the classes we had together and at lunch he found me hiding in the library. It was finally sixth period. AP history, and he was sitting next to me again. I was trying my hardest to ignore him. That is, until our teacher gave us group projects to do. As he called out names I prayed that I wouldn't get William as my partner. "May DeWitt and William Young." My stomach sank and my mouth fell open in shock. There were 27 kids in our class and I happened to be pared with the new kid. This just made my day.

   "don't worry. I won't bite... hard." He smiled.

   I couldn't help to turn and look at him. "Really? Did you just say that! Cliché much?" I couldn't help the giggle that escaped. William just smiled. I turned back to the board but whispered "William, as much as-."

   "Remember, I told you to call me will." Smile

   I glanced at him. "William," I put in extra emphasis. "As much as I don't like this situation, we still need to do the project. If you want I'll do it all. I don't mind. I just don't want to turn in terrible work. Okay." I turned to look at him and saw the shock and hurt on his face.

   "I can do it, Jeff. And I don't do terrible work." I ignored the Jeff comment. Well I did grade some of the math work that you had done yesterday and let's just say that it was lower than 50 out of 100. I sure wanted to say that but I held my tongue. All I said was fine.

   He was quiet for the rest of the class. He didn't try anything like he had done earlier in our other classes. He just sat quietly and took notes. When the bell rang he shoved everything in his bag to leave. But I stopped him by tugging on his jackets sleeve. He turned to look at me with a stern face. "what?"