Two: I could really use some ice cream right now.

Two

I walked into my second period, my bruised hand hidden inside my pocket. "Morning, May." My teacher said to me, looking up from her news paper to smile at me. I smiled back. "Good morning, Mrs. Gray." I took my seat by the window. I already wished I were at home. As I looked out the window I could see kids scampering out of the snow and into separate bungalows that had been attached to our school just a few years ago to accommodate to all the new students.

   And then I could hear a voice that was so smooth and silky that I was brought out of my daydreaming with a start. "Yeah, hi." It was the guy I had met earlier. The one in the hall. And then I remembered that he had this class with me, this one and three others. I inwardly groaned.

   "why don't you introduce yourself to the class." Mrs. Gray commanded with a smile. She always was entertaining, she seemed nice but that smile only covered a perfectionist. She was one of the only people who were nice to me. Most likely because I turn in good work.

   He turned to the class and scanned the room. His eyes fell on mine and held them for a second longer than the others. Or maybe that was just my imagination. Not a hint of shyness crept onto his face as he introduced himself. "Yeah, my names William Young. My family just moved here and now I'm a student." Giving no information except his name he shrugged his shoulders and took the only seat left. Which happened to be right behind mine.

   I could feel him looking at me as he walked by but I decided to ignore it by looking out the window again. I had to remind myself that I couldn't like him. And I hated that I had to remind myself that.

    Our teacher passed out our syllabus. When I passed it back I could feel his warm hand brush mine and couldn't control the shiver that rippled throughout my body. I went straight to the reading list. Nothing too bad.

   The Awakening by Kate Chopin. The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. And then Mrs. Gray passed out The Awakening and told us to start reading. She sat back down and went back her news paper.

   I could hear notes being passed about. I could also feel two pairs of eyes on me. I hesitantly looked up and saw Mandy, a Sandy follower, staring from me to the guy behind me and then back again. She looked like a she had plastic surgery to look like sandy. Where sandy naturally pretty, Mandy was infected looking. She pulled out her phone and texted someone quickly. When she saw that I was looked at her she gave me the little 'Birdie'. ['The finger'].

   I looked back down and started reading again.

   Near the end of the class Mrs. Gray told the students to fill out a packet for homework. When the bell rang we were excused.

   In the hall way someone giggled loud enough to be called a cackle. I looked up and saw Mandy with William and she was laughing in my direction. She wasn't pointing but I could tell that she was laughing at me. I looked down at myself checking for anything amiss.

   Nothing. She strode towards me before I could escape, William on her tail. Sandy and two other girls from her posse strode up too. I was trapped. When I looked at William for help he looked at me confusedly.

    Sandy took the lead and the rest of the girls sniggered. Hands on her hips, sandy looked down on me. "I hear that, that b*itch of a sister you have is dead. I hope she haunts you. You really-" I didn't pay attention to what she said after that.

   "What?" I looked at her, shocked at her words. I never heard that.

   "what? You didn't know." She paused to look me up and down. I felt uncomfortable with her stair. "that's actually even more funny. Aren't you guys supposed to be, like, sisters?" she rolled her eyes.

   I felt a hot prickle in the back of my eyes. I looked down, my hair falling in front of my face and pushed the wall of blondes out of my path. I headed for the bathroom and could hear a "slut" said to my back. I sat on a toilet with my feet off the ground and pulled out my ancient phone.

   It made a beep as it turned on. I texted Jake.

   'Meet me at the car. NOW.'

Jake: 'but I'm in class!'

   I stood up and walked out the door. the halls empty. Our school was relatively easy to sneak out of. Especially when you say that third is your free period.

Me: 'ditch. NOW.'

   I groaned at my brother and leaned up against his car.

Jake: 'fine. But this better be worth it.'

   I didn't reply. I sat down and leaned my head back. The car was hit by someone. "jake." I looked up and was faced with a bronzed god that was not my brother. "oh." I silently said. "why are YOU here?"

te-he. Uploaded now because i got my computer. yay! :D i really hope you l- l- like's it.

with Singing and Mountains,

XX Kat