8:42 pm

[ 8:42 PM ]

"Please, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, stop pacing around the room like that!" Jongho snapped, finally having had enough of his brother's shenanigans, "You're giving me anxiety!"

San sighed.

Rolling his eyes irritably, he complied to Jongho's request nonetheless as he plopped himself on the couch, now tapping his foot relentlessly on the hardwood floor.

Jongho sighed.

"I just..." San furrowed his eyebrows, looking for the correct way to explain the absurd feeling of dread settling deep within his chest, "Something's not right."

"The moon's nearly up, of course nothing's right," Yunho walked in callously with an apple in his hand, "Don't need your crystal ball to figure that one out." He snorted humorlessly before chucking the fruit towards Jongho who caught it flawlessly with heart eyes.

San rolled his eyes, smacking Yunho across his head and standing up, "Why, thank you, Captain Obvious for pointing that out for me! I'm being serious Yunho, it's something different this time, darker, more foreign."

San pursed his lips, turning to face Jongho who bore a similar expression.

"Where's Wooyoung?" It was Yunho who spoke this time after a minute of awkward silence. "We need to get going, Joong is waiting with the rest at the clearing."

"He's in his room, I'll go —" San began, only to be cut off midway by a thudding sound. The two turned towards Jongho who was partially sprawled on the floor, palms flat against his forehead and the half-eaten apple lying next to him.

"What the fuck?" San exclaimed in the quasi state of panic and confusion before snapping his gaze to Yunho accusingly.

"I swear I didn't poison it!" Yunho paled, "What in hell? Do I look like an old witch to you?"

San ignored that taller boy, crouching next to his brother in haste, "What did you see?" He asked frantically, feeling his mind reel with the worst of possibilities.

"What did you see, Jongho!?" He repeated when the boy failed to answer.

"The g-girl," Jongho whispered, more to himself than anyone else, "_____!"

One second San knew he was sitting beside his brother, the next he was suspended in mid-air and then on the other side of the couch.

"What about her? What about _____?!"

Wooyoung was delirious, eyes gold, voice not quite his own as he shook the already trembling Jongho by his shoulders.

"The new boy, he —" Jongho stuttered, finding it hard to look at Wooyoung or  ratger his wolf, Jimin who was in a state of frenzy at this point.

"Min —" San started only to rudely interrupted.

"Where?" Jimin gritted, his gaze steely and posture tensed, more so after the new boy had been mentioned.

"Parking lot at Kwon's."

And he was gone, leaving two boys struck with horror and the third, utter confusion.

The brothers shared a mutual look of disbelief, "How could you not notice! How did you not see this coming?" Jongho glared at San for what seemed like eternity to Yunho before he decided to cut in.

"See what coming?"

San met Yunho's gaze, trying to push down the overbearing feeling of guilt and disappointment.

"Minho... he is a werewolf."

"I'd use the term 'was' if I were you, brother." Jongho piped in, using a wooden chair as a makeshift crutch as he walked out of the room.