“You can’t leave Mark,” Nam reminded him when she saw him putting his jacket on while walking to the door. “We need to leave early tomorrow to personally invite all your father’s closest business partners, as he strongly demanded that we do so,” she continued.

Mark turned to face Nam who was busy putting on tons of products on her face, ‘skincare’ is what she calls it. “Don’t you think you’re into this wedding a little bit too much?” Mark asked in annoyance.

Nam didn’t bother to look at him as she continued to put on another layer of cream on her face. “We have come this far Mark, I won’t let this go to vain.” She replied.

“You can invite them yourself. Just make an excuse for me.” Mark dismissed her before continuing on his way.

“Wait,” Nam said making Mark stop on his tracks for the second time. She knew that she won’t be able to stop Mark from leaving, he has been doing it every single night for the past couple of weeks. She stood up and walked over to the small personal fridge at the corner of Mark’s room and grabbed a can of beer before tossing it to him. At least if Mark wants to drink senseless until he can’t walk anymore, he can just sleep on the couch and Nam won’t have any trouble finding him the next day.

Mark easily caught the alcohol, he was unamused. “I know I have beers in my fridge Nam. I literally brought a box of it last night. You think I won’t still go out with this?”

Nam confidently walked closer to him, eyeing him in what can only described as an act of seduction. She slowly pulled down one of the straps of her black satin nighties exposing more of her already exposed breast.

Mark took a step back. “What the fuck are you trying to do?” he asked in a disgusted manner, despite of how his eyes were clearly drawn to her firm breast.

Nam took out a packet of white powder inserted in between her bare chest and her black bra. “Kris told me that this is the safest place to hide this,” she said, handing it to Mark before walking back to the fridge and taking a can of beer for her own. “I’m not cheating with Kris, especially with you.”

Mark blinked a few times before processing the fallacy in her words. “I’m your fiancé, which means that you’re technically cheating to me with Kris,” Mark stated, a small chuckle escaped his lips.

“We’ll you’re also technically cheating to me with Gun, you’re negative action cancels out my negative actions so we good right?” she replied smiling.

“You’ve changed Nam.” Mark stated before taking off his jacket and sitting on the leather couch.

“So are you,” she replied as she went to sit on the edge of Mark’s bed.

The two fell in an awkward, yet somehow calming silence, taking a swig of their own beers and slowly letting the alcohol dull their frustrations away. The two made a bond over their mutual heartaches: Getting entangled with a love that was seemingly one sided.

“Have you found Gun?” Nam was the first to break the silence.

“No, not yet,” Mark briefly replied.

“After we get your father’s money, we can go on a separate way. You can find Gun and I can start a new life with Kris.” Nam had a hopeful yet somehow melancholic smile on her face. She was dreaming of a day when Kris and her can finally live together and have their own family. It was all that she ever wanted in life.

Mark just nodded, he was also hoping that one day he can finally find Gun. It doesn’t even matter if Gun had found someone else, or he already has his own family, hell he doesn’t even care if Gun has forgotten him, what Mark just wanted was to see him once again and make sure that he was alive and well.